Glow in the dark tatoo ink?

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
you gotta be shitting me...http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal3975_UV_Blacklight_Ink.aspoh hey a question btw...i never had a tattoo in the winter, is it a bad idea? like for healing and whatever.

Comments

• Winter is better, less exposure to the sun. Stay away from blacklight ink. Tattoo inks are not regulated by the FDA or anything, so be careful in general but those blacklight reactive ones are definitely no good.

• Options
    Winter is better, less exposure to the sun. Stay away from blacklight ink. Tattoo inks are not regulated by the FDA or anything, so be careful in general but those blacklight reactive ones are definitely no good.

Why not? I have an outline inside my left arm that glows under a blacklight, I was the first one that Mike Ledger (www.mikeledgerinc.com) did like that back in '95. I haven't had a single problem that I can recall.

The time of year you'd rather get tattooed depends on the part of body getting done. If it's a normally covered up area the sun exposure factor doesn't make a difference. The more important thing to worry about is the clothing that will be rubbing against the area as it heals. If you get tattooed in the winter and then have a situation where you live in a bitter cold area and have to wear heavy layers of clothing, it's not the best situation for the healing process. You want to have loose, preferably white-colored cotton clothing over the tattoo so air can get at it and no chemical dyes are getting at it either. Think about it, your skin is traumatized are you going to rub some harsh clothing over it for a week?

I had something along my waistline done in the winter once and was in agony the next week as longjohns and jeans rubbed against it all day at work.

In an ideal world, we'd all be naked.