Crabs Invade

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited May 2005 in Announcements
seemingly relevant are the crab these days...even outside the influential sphere known as the 'strut This photo released by the Museum Victoria shows a 50,000-strong swarm of spider crabs mating on the seabed of Melbourne's Port Phillip Bay. Scientists are baffled by the size of the enormous gathering which is scaring away all other sealife from the area.(AFP/HO-MV/Julian Finn)

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    crab orgy

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    thanks for posting that - I had heard about the photo but hadn't seen it

Port Phillip bay is pretty bland on the surface of things, but the marine ecosystems are supposedly quite rich and diverse - lots of contention here at the mo about plans to dredge the bay in order to deepen the shipping channel for next generation 'super container ships'. The logistics of this things is crazy - under the proposed plans ship keels would pass within a mere 80cm of a trunk sewerage pipeline, anyways ... how may records have artwork with marine scenes/creatures on em ??

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    seemingly relevant are the crab these days...even outside the influential sphere known as the 'strut

This photo released by the Museum Victoria shows a 50,000-strong swarm of spider crabs mating on the seabed of Melbourne's Port Phillip Bay. Scientists are baffled by the size of the enormous gathering which is scaring away all other sealife from the area.(AFP/HO-MV/Julian Finn)

DUDE! That's kinda cool! I wonder whats causing it and if they're be any other freaky things happening in the animal kingdom.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    This all ties in nicely w/my new favorite show:

(No, that's not Tony Hawk.)

This all ties in nicely w/my new favorite show:

(No, that's not <s>Tony Hawk.</s> Tom Green [/b])

• Options
    Last night/this morning there were horseshoe crabs spawning (screwing) all over the place where I was fishing. They were swimming around my feet, riding each other piggyback. It made me kind of uncomfortable. Every once in awhile they would butt into my foot/leg and just sit there, kind of saying "c'mon asshole, you're not catching shit and we're trying to have a National Geographic style orgy here, would you get the fuck out of here please?"

This is exactly how it looked, only add in this strange foamy stuff which was probably crabcum and also it was dark out since it was 2am.

When they butt into my feet it reminded me of....

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    crabcum on a triscuit is the ultimate hangover remedy. teach your girl about it.

Last night/this morning there were horseshoe crabs spawning (screwing) all over the place where I was fishing. They were swimming around my feet, riding each other piggyback. It made me kind of uncomfortable. Every once in awhile they would butt into my foot/leg and just sit there, kind of saying "c'mon asshole, you're not catching shit and we're trying to have a National Geographic style orgy here, would you get the fuck out of here please?"

This is exactly how it looked, only add in this strange foamy stuff which was probably crabcum and also it was dark out since it was 2am.

When they butt into my feet it reminded me of....

RAM-MAN *AY YO*. Definetly one of my favourite He-man toys. I liked that one guy "man-e-faces", the one he-man that came with caps, and the "battle armor damage" jernt.

P.S. I think I made my he-man hump teila or something.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Is there a full moon or something right now?