Common CL Smooth produced by Kanye/Pete Rock?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Common & CL Smooth produced by Kanye/Pete Rock?FO Real, I want to hear these dudes together.... That would be crazy dope!!!Anyone feelin that combo?FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1117423321Mangoman">

Common & CL Smooth produced by Kanye/Pete Rock[/b]Yes, you would like to see thatNo, that shit would be wack1INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    sounds like an overdose of positivity and conciousness. Kanye needs to take a break too.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm feeling that Common record. It's been on multiple repeat since I bought it yesterday.

I think Kanye is overhyped on the production tip though. Dude is good no doubt, but there's folks on this board that could have made the beats for that record.

JAMALCACHOPRAER

• JAMALCACHOPRAER

But I think that is the beauty of Kanye.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    what, chopping samples?

What I like most about dude is the samples he chooses more than what he does with them. That record makes you feel which beats the shit out of any technical mess IMO.

• Nah, not just the chopping, but taking something so common and probably now overlooked because it is so common and making something out of that.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I was just about to waste another post hating. But I stopped myself just in time. Goodnight.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    sounds like an overdose of positivity and conciousness. Kanye needs to take a break too.

dude, sometimes I really think you try to hard.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I bet Common & CL Smooth could be a nice combo if they got good chemistry in the studio.. but backed by Kanye/Pete Rock? no thanks!

Anyone know if theres accapellas out from that new common lp? or if there will be?

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    I'm feeling that Common record. It's been on multiple repeat since I bought it yesterday.
    I think Kanye is overhyped on the production tip though. Dude is good no doubt, but there's folks on this board that could have made the beats for that record.
    JAMALCACHOPRAER

Yes I agree! But I would like to see them to produce because maybe they could feed off each other and with that energy we can see Return of the Jedi Producers! And on the cover Pete doing push up's over kanye with a ripped pink polo and Pete having a whip clinched in his mouth! Now that would be Super

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    but taking something so common and probably now overlooked because it is so common and making something out of that.

And that is THE true story why BE was done by COMMON! Because being common is being be.... F$%K I'm DEEP, But not like Freda! TO KNOW KARATE IS TO BE KARATE!!! KKKEEEEYAAAAAAA!!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    JAMALCACHOPRAER

I don't think this album is really representative of what Kanye is capable of, though--to me it's some of his least interesting work.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    not to deviate, but the next Ghost LP should be that nice. They just need to hire West to have a classic (Kanye or Dave, i don't mind!!lol).

now for the pete/kanye project, they surely would NEED some rappers man. Coz i wouldn't want to hear no CL, no Kanye,etc...I would like some Saigon, some MF Doom, etc...Something a bit surprising. Since they will get a nice coverage, they could at least blow one of these underated MCs we've been talking about. Not those Pop Corn MCs we are getting used to. And i didn't mention the word "gangsta" anywhere. Gangsta-free music would be nice too!! I'm tired of Gangstas too because they have limited knowledges and taste for music.