dj story 1,784

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
i dont usually talk about my dj occurences because who the hell out there really cares but:im djing a krs show last nightim playin t la rock "its yours"girl comes up to the boothgirl: "can you play some hip hop?"me: "....."i basically gave up after that

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    who is t la rock?

• I saw someone do this to Jazzy Jay while he was playing. OOOF

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    i dont usually talk about my dj occurences because who the hell out there really cares but:
    im djing a krs show last night
    im playin t la rock "its yours"
    girl comes up to the booth
    girl: "can you play some hip hop?"
    me: "....."

i basically gave up after that

Becky strikes again?

• how about when i was in munich djin' and this german woman comes over to me askin' "Can u play some black music like Emimen?" Meanwhile, I was playing funk 45's...LOL!
    amir

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    "Can u play some black music like Emimen?"

Worst request ever, that's just plain wrong. On so many levels. I still remember playing some 60s funk at a club when a guy in his fifties came up and asked "Can you play some music from the 60s?"

You can't win with these people.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Same shit, different toilet over here...I was djing this club and played common's "doin it"...this black girl walks up to me and asks me "Can you play some other R'n'b" :NEXT:

however last week i played my local bar spot and i played breakouts "planet rock" and afterwards a girl in her 40s and a guy in his 30s walk over and both want me to write them what the tune was, hell yeah, that was great. Then another woman in 30s came over and asked me to play caveman (of Brit hiphop fame)...i was puzzled...

but this comment at a hiphopshow? hell, biggie is old school now and t la rock does not really exist anymore...i wonder if rock dj's have the same problem...what did the girl do when krs got on stage? did she touch him on the shoulder neatly and kindly asked: "Excuse me, can you please do some rap?"

• I def. agree with you man...i mention this one b4 but when i was in hamburg i had a black woman come over and ask 'do u have anything faster like Usher or R. Kelly.' Meanwhile, I was playin' Michael Jackson 'beat it' which is waaay faster than usher...then she says u suck as a dj because i didn't have any usher..lol!!!!!
    amir

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    "You can't win with these people"

• "You can't win with these people"

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    if biggie is old school, i don't know what to think anymore
    whats bugged is that noone ever says anything to me about what i play so i have no idea if folks dig. some folks dance others sit and chill.
    i find out a couple days later from other folks that people were lovin it...
    am i an unapproachable dude?
    i personally think i have some boyish charm and dont forever rock an ice grill... shoot i didnt even get paid for the gig so i went home a mess.

i should bring a comment box to any spots i play at. that might make me feel a bit better when its all said and done. that or a "tip the dj" sign

• I allways tell those people to bring a CD with the music they wanna hear the next time they come. So whenever a total stupid idot steps up to you to aks you if you could play his ABBA CD you knew I DJayed a week earlyer there !!!!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye