One of those nights...

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I was suppose to be DJing the VIP room of this club in H-Wood for their halloween party... traffic was a motherfucker... I get there and the girl that booked me gives me my wristband and says that they will get me the schedule of set times in a minute.. I'm like what?! Apparently some random spanish pop/house radio station is sponsoring it.. they brought like 3 of ther own DJ's so I got pretty muched bounced... the girl that booked me then dissappears... I had to wait till 1am to play just so I could invoice those bitches. crowd was wack..got drunk while I was waiting and was pissed off so I didn't sound right.. anyone else got stories like this...?

Comments

• I guess you all are perfect..

• Q: Did you get paid?

If so, chill out. You should of enjoyed yourself and hollered at a girl or three.

• werd.. I got a ladyfriend.. but coincidentally ::this just in:: I did get another gig from it.. these girls want me to DJ their sorority party.. so I guess I sounded ok... your right life could be worse..

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    these girls want me to DJ their sorority party..

Yiikes I hope it pays well, after the 50th chick requests "Brown Eyed Girl"
    you might start to feel your head implode...

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    from a few days ago.
    includes golden rules to handle situations like this

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post746370

• I was suppose to be DJing the VIP room of this club in H-Wood for their halloween party... traffic was a motherfucker... I get there and the girl that booked me gives me my wristband and says that they will get me the schedule of set times in a minute.. I'm like what?! Apparently some random spanish pop/house radio station is sponsoring it.. they brought like 3 of ther own DJ's so I got pretty muched bounced... the girl that booked me then dissappears... I had to wait till 1am to play just so I could invoice those bitches. crowd was wack..got drunk while I was waiting and was pissed off so I didn't sound right..

anyone else got stories like this...?

yes. a LONG time ago i was booked for a few months straight to dj at a club's hip hop room that only opened when the house room reached capacity. in over 2 months, it never happened! i was getting paid half my rate to just chill and have free drinks, but it was house music and i was by myself every night. miserable experience.

• I was suppose to be DJing the VIP room of this club in H-Wood for their halloween party... traffic was a motherfucker... I get there and the girl that booked me gives me my wristband and says that they will get me the schedule of set times in a minute.. I'm like what?! Apparently some random spanish pop/house radio station is sponsoring it.. they brought like 3 of ther own DJ's so I got pretty muched bounced... the girl that booked me then dissappears... I had to wait till 1am to play just so I could invoice those bitches. crowd was wack..got drunk while I was waiting and was pissed off so I didn't sound right..

anyone else got stories like this...?

yes. a LONG time ago i was booked for a few months straight to dj at a club's hip hop room that only opened when the house room reached capacity. in over 2 months, it never happened! i was getting paid half my rate to just chill and have free drinks, but it was house music and i was by myself every night. miserable experience.

for sure

Yeah... the nightmares continue for the mobile DJ business