Anybody seen these King labels?

bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
so one of my bobby byrd 45s on king is a promo whitel label that has a picture of bobby byrd's head on it instead of james brown's. it was the only variation of the head-shot on the king label i've seen, until i saw this just now:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4732799726&rd=1which is a similar promo white-label but with myra barnes/vicki anderson's picture instead of james'. wondering if any of y'all have seen other variations. any with marva's pic on it? just wondering.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

wow...I have never seen that one OR the Bobby Byrd one...and I have a copy of "Super Good" on 45, too...no photo!! I have a wlp of BB "I'm Comin'" and it doesn't have a photo...this blows my mind...

On a related note, there is an easy listening guy from the 60's that has a similar drawing of his head on his labels as JB, and it always psychs me out for a second until I take a closer look...I can't remember who it is...Perry Como?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

so has nobody else seen these variations? i'm really curious if there's one for marva whitney or anyone else.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

I myself have only ever seen the Barnes and the Byrd photo labels, but some insist on a Marva Whitney somewhere out there. If anyone can confirm this with a scan, I would be grateful.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Paging Motown67....

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    actually hollering at georges sulmers (sorry i didnt return your call yet man) would probably be the best way to go...

i think he needs something like 3-7 records to complete his james brown (and prod.) collection.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Paging Motown67....

No, don't have any photo King releases although I think I've seen one before with Bobby Byrd's face on it but can't remember what the tune was.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

i think he needs something like 3-7 records to complete his james brown (and prod.) collection.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

i wonder which 3-7. that is an undertaking which must take a lot of patience.