Secret Beck show in DC last night

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Beck played a surprise midnight show last night four doors down from my shop at the Black Cat club. He played the side stage which probably holds 150-200 people max. Tickets went on sale at 8PM last night and were $12.Not sure why he was in DC but glad he came. He had a full band with him, no light show and no puppets. They came out in wigs and took requests from the crowd the whole time. They played about an hour and fifteen minutes and probably would have played more if the club hadn't stopped em. Really really really good (rockin) show! Need a nap.

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    a couple of my friends worked sound on a Vh1 set for a beck live performance. they set up for a regular full band show (as to what the manager had said), and beck showed up and flipped it. they ended up playing with silverware on a dinning table while beck played acoustic. best performance ive ever seen by him.

improvised anything these days is

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Beck played a surprise midnight show last night four doors down from my shop at the Black Cat club. He played the side stage which probably holds 150-200 people max. Tickets went on sale at 8PM last night and were $12.
    Not sure why he was in DC but glad he came. He had a full band with him, no light show and no puppets. They came out in wigs and took requests from the crowd the whole time. They played about an hour and fifteen minutes and probably would have played more if the club hadn't stopped em.
    Really really really good (rockin) show! Need a nap.

White boy hipster-hop with puppets. This would have to be Faux Rillz's nightmare show.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Super Spontaneous Scientological Dianetics Stage Show Revealed
    If Diane Hubbard was playing harp, you know what time it is

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    a couple of my friends worked sound on a Vh1 set for a beck live performance. they set up for a regular full band show (as to what the manager had said), and beck showed up and flipped it. they ended up playing with silverware on a dinning table while beck played acoustic. best performance ive ever seen by him.

the dinner table set is incorporated in his current 2006 tour, w/ puppets and all. His acoustic cover of The Flaming Lips "Do You Realize" is dooooope.

btw, wayne coyne said beck behaved erratically during the sea changes tour when they were his backing band.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

the dinner table set is incorporated in his current 2006 tour, w/ puppets and all. His acoustic cover of The Flaming Lips "Do You Realize" is dooooope.

btw, wayne coyne said beck behaved erratically during the sea changes tour when they were his backing band.

plaese to post where coyne talked about touring with Beck