African / Latin / Polish Music mix

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited October 2006 in Announcements
Hi everybody, I just wanted to post a little reminder about a little funk / groovy music show that I do online every week called If It Rotates. This week's show #24 has some latin music (fans of Roberto Roena's 'Que Se Sepa' should definitely check out Conjunto Universal's version), some african music, and a touch of Polish music (this Bemibem track is great) - I really like these songs. The show can be downloaded in mp3 format. Here's the tracklist:Cortijo & His Time Machine - Carnaval Hector Rivera - I Want A Chance For Romance El Nuevo Conjunto Universal - Que Se Sepa Bemibem - Podaruj Mi Troche Slonce Pedro Ruy Blas / Dolores - El Jaleo Hugh Maskekela & Hedzoleh Soundz - Languta Feso Trombone - Beginning of the End T.P. Orchestre Poly-Rhythmo de Coutonou - Kou Tche Kpo So O Marijata - Mother Africa Pierre Akendengue - Sesi

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    pedro ruy blas is one beautiful album.
    one of my favorite records found last year.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Do you know his other album, La Puerta Abierta? I've often wondered what that's like.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Just thought I'd use this existing thread to mention this week's show - it's a bit all over the map, from funk 45s, to Alan Tew, to Brazillian Jazz to Eddie Russ... lots of great songs on here, including some softbatch Brazillian tunes (Quinteto Ternura, Antonio Adolfo) that I finally confess to liking. You can listen to it every week at If It Rotates.

Here's the tracklist:

Mickey and His Mice - Cracker Jack
    The Family - Family Affair
    The Friends of Distinction - Grazing in the Grass
    Gerald Faulk - Express Yourself
    Ginger Ale - Gin Fizz
    Bullet - The Contract Man
    Quarteto Novo - Vim de Santana
    Mario Castro Neves & Samba S.A. - Vem Balancar
    Elis Regina - Bala Com Bala
    Quinteto Ternura - Baby
    Antonio Adolfo & A Brazuca - Juliana