Anyone use external scsi hd for their MPC?

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I need recommendations on one, thanks.

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    iomega or jazz drives with scsi outlets should do the trick, need to be more specific with the question...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    yea I use a couple..

Lacie makes some good ones, check ebay as they are a pretty reliable brand, 4 GB should be fine.

I have some old ones though, they say 'SKYDATA' on them, the model is 'SkyDISK' 407 (for the 4 gb model) and 907 (for the 9 GB model).

I never have problems with em and they are VERY QUICK.

peace

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Anyone had any luck with an mpc60? I know that Thes was lurking on the mpc board looking for the answers for his 3000, but how did it all end up?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Anyone had any luck with an mpc60? I know that Thes was lurking on the mpc board looking for the answers for his 3000, but how did it all end up?

I've got an MPC60 with the 3.1 version upgrade and SCSI interface upgrade for hooking up to an external HD, also swapped the old floppy out for an zipdisk.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Sweet... So did you have any problems with it at all? Mine is arriving soon and it's got the scsi and 3.1, so I'm thinking of getting something, but I was wondering how does it go with the programs? Do you just scroll through the sounds on your hard drive and then add them to a program or what? Sorry for the thread hijack, I'm just curious.

Also, why a hard drive instead of a card reader?