Peace to that MotherF*er who stole my pathfinder

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Peace to that fucking piece of trash who found my wife's wallet outside a cab, and immediately went to Abercrombie and Victoria's Secret to charge $1100. May the underwire on your ill gotten bra spring loose, and stab you in your cold, materialistic heart.And, to the fuckers behind the counter at each of these stores...why not, maybe, if someone is charging $600 in lingerie, ask to see an ID? Is that gonna kill you? Fuck a creditcard scam.Peace.

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Aren't they forced by law to see an ID? That always bugs me...or at least a signature check...

• Aren't they forced by law to see an ID? That always bugs me...or at least a signature check...

Most places require an ID check for anything over $50...I'm so pissed right now.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Aren't they forced by law to see an ID? That always bugs me...or at least a signature check...

Most places require an ID check for anything over $50...I'm so pissed right now.

then can't they be held liable for this? would it make sense to get a lawyer?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I write "PLEASE ASK FOR ID" on all my creditcards. It's about a 50/50 chance they will, but i think it probably helps for some of the persons behind the counter.

sorry to hear about the jacking, hopefully the CC company will be accomadating.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    jeez.. im sorry man. does your cc have builting fraud insurance?

And, to the fuckers behind the counter at each of these stores...why not, maybe, if someone is charging $600 in lingerie, ask to see an ID? Is that gonna kill you?

this shit really pisses me off. on the back of my debit card, i put in big CAPS letters with stars ***CHECK ID*** cause money is immediatly gone as soon as some grifter buys a another copy of dookie. no one checks that thing man.. wtf!?!?!

if it makes you feel any better, the US$ is gonna lose total value as soon as other countries take full advantage of its nonexistent gold equivalancy and start demanding the realness to pay off our loans... so we all f*cked.

• It was all on a Debit Card, which is even scarier, y'all. Write the "ASK FOR ID," now, and let us all learn from this cautionary tale.

But, yes, the bank is going to refund the money...Its gonna take some time, and be a real pain in the ass, but it sounds like they are prepared for this sort of thing.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    that sucks man. sorry to hear that.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And, to the fuckers behind the counter at each of these stores...why not, maybe, if someone is charging $600 in lingerie, ask to see an ID? Is that gonna kill you?

Man, my checkbook was stolen back in 1995 by a dude that used the checks--which I had immediately cancelled--to purchase several thousand dollars worth of stuff at Home Depot. Not only did they ask for a driver's license, they photocopied it--they just didn't bother to compare it to the name/address on the checks.

And then when these cancelled checks bounced, my credit was temporarily screwed up.

• And then when these cancelled checks bounced, my credit was temporaririly screwed up.

... earning the man who we now know as Young Regatta the temporary nickname "Young Rav4".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And then when these cancelled checks bounced, my credit was temporaririly screwed up.

... earning the man who we now know as Young Regatta the temporary nickname "Young Rav4".

Now, look, we've talked about this before, and the Rav4 jokes are really out of bounds.

Talk about my mother, my girl, or my manly endowments but please do not be telling the people that I ever drove a Rav4.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

then can't they be held liable for this? would it make sense to get a lawyer?

You're never liable for fraud charges on your credit card account.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Ask your bank if they can take your photo and print it on the card. My debit card has a photo of me on my card and only took a little extra time to do it at no charge. So unless you get a complete moron at the store that doesn't even bother looking at the card, if you ever lose it again you'll be ok.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    you get a complete moron at the store

99% of the time

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    jeez.. im sorry man. does your cc have builting fraud insurance?

this shit really pisses me off. on the back of my debit card, i put in big CAPS letters with stars ***CHECK ID*** cause money is immediatly gone as soon as some grifter buys a another copy of dookie. no one checks that thing man.. wtf!?!?!

you wanna hear something hilarious, my fiancee and i both have this on the backs of our cards, and one time she was in some store and the lady at the counter was like "oh check ID? that's a really good idea!" but THEN DIDN'T FUCKING CHECK HER ID!