drum kit help (NRR)

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
i'm looking into getting a decent little drum kit. nothing fancy, just something to start off with and get my feet wet. i'm a lttle dude when it comes to this, so if anyone can recommend a basic decent sounding drum kit for under 300 bucks, it would be much appreciated...

Comments

• i don't know man, $300 won't get you a whole lot of kit. If i were you i'd just get parts seperately. kick, snare, hat & cymbals. Try craigslist.org for parts.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Most of the decent "sound" comes from the heads and tuning etc...
    In that price range you will see many good Ludwig and Rogers sets from the early 80's. It's all the cymbals hardware that gets costly.

• You'll have to buy used. My first drum set I had cost $400 and was

There's a lot of high school fools that get their parents to buy decent sets ($700-1000) for them and never play, they often sell them after owning them for only 2 years. Pearl exports are decent and fall in this category.

Start looking now because Christmas is coming up and drum kits get harder to find.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    got a 1960s ludwig sparkle green set for 3 bills on craigslist. came with a rack tom, floor tom, an extra snare, and all the hardware. definitly got lucky, but if you look hard enough, you can get steals.

i would definitly go used, and just replace your heads with weathermans.

get at me if you need more help.