• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    ok

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    just did, now im getting used to it...

any tips?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    got it

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Anybody else have overlap on their tabs when you click one?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Been using it for a couple of weeks. Definitely an improvement on an already great app.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    got it and it??s great

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Hilarious. They just made it more like opera.

- spidey

• I'm on Firefox 2 as I type.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I wanna ask the tech headz. What differences are there?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    built in spell correction =

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts

Now with built-in spellcheck I can finally dump that Google toolbar.

Restore function is also very next level. If it crashes it'll restore the same sites/tabs you were on before the crash.

There's also an anti-phishing protection which alerts you if you're on a bogus site. IE7 has the same but the IE7 preview I'm using is utter crap.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    for some reason it was slowing down my download speeds, so i went back to 1.5

im ok with it.

Now with built-in spellcheck I can finally dump that Google toolbar.

Restore function is also very next level. If it crashes it'll restore the same sites/tabs you were on before the crash.

There's also an anti-phishing protection which alerts you if you're on a bogus site. IE7 has the same but the IE7 preview I'm using is utter crap.

opera already has all this.

- spidey

opera already has all this.

- spidey

Firefox is a memory hog. How does Opera fare in that department?

It uses less memory, and is a smaller download.

- spidey

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    It uses less memory

this is great.

but a drawback for me, three of my most used extensions are not compatible: Bookmark synchronizer SE, ViewMyCurrency and LiveHTTP Headers

• just did, now im getting used to it...

any tips?

My friend sent me this:

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/firefox-2/geek-to-live-top-firefox-2-config-tweaks-209941.php

Really great/easy tweaks.

just did, now im getting used to it...

any tips?

Damn, I used some of these tweaks and it really does speed up Firefox. Worth it but read the comment below the tips as well. There's some good ones in there as well.

• I just started using this, and it annoys me that whenever I click on an mp3 file the program downloads the file before playing it. Is there any way to get it to stream?

• shit the new ff2 sucks! Tabs is not working at all. & all my bookmarks got removed! All my links to raer killerfunk blogs are gone!!

• montymonty 420 Posts
    shit the new ff2 sucks! Tabs is not working at all. & all my bookmarks got removed! All my links to raer killerfunk blogs are gone!!

damn! i've been using it on a mac since Tuesday - installed easy, remembered everything from 1.5 and every bit of it works great!

• I'm diggin it. Seems to load faster, which is always a plus. Went to download it for the home computer just now and went to firefox.com by mistake and found this message which I thought was funny:

Thanks for the Domain Name, Kevin!
    The Mozilla Foundation thanks Kevin Karpenske, the previous owner of the Firefox.com domain, for generously having transferred this domain to our use for the Firefox web browser. Kevin's site can now be found at Quailish.com