Ray Barretto "Acid" gatefold OG

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Does this actually exist, or was it a feature added to the reissue?Does anyone own one?Just wondering, because I've seen more than one gold label copy of Acid, and none of them had a gatefold.

Comments

• I really don't think so.I have seen quite a few stellar latin collections,but none with one of those..

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Does this actually exist, or was it a feature added to the reissue?

Does anyone own one?

Just wondering, because I've seen more than one gold label copy of Acid, and none of them had a gatefold.

Faux,

Were any of the orig gold labels on Fania gatefold? I've never seen anything like that - my guess is that it's a reissue thing.

Did Emusic reish the Fania stuff on vinyl? I thought it was CD only?

• faux,

I'm going to construct you an "OG" Acid gatefold out of two OG non-gatefold sleeves, a press kit, glue, cardboard scraps, and a whole lot of love.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Does this actually exist, or was it a feature added to the reissue?

Does anyone own one?

Just wondering, because I've seen more than one gold label copy of Acid, and none of them had a gatefold.

Faux,

Were any of the orig gold labels on Fania gatefold?

Not that I am aware of--the first Fania gatefold that I know of for certain is the Willie Colon Crime Pays compilation, which is 60 releases and several years later in the catalog.

Then again, Barretto was a big signing, having been lured away from the majors, so they might have decide to commemorate it with a gatefold.

• I'm starting to believe that there is no such thing. I've heard of its existence but I have yet to meet anyone who actually has it, and when I've brought it up to certain collectros they look at me like I'm crazy.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    faux,

I'm going to construct you an "OG" Acid gatefold out of two OG non-gatefold sleeves, a press kit, glue, cardboard scraps, and a whole lot of love.

My life will improve greatly upon receiving this.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm starting to believe that there is no such thing. I've heard of its existence but I have yet to meet anyone who actually has it, and when I've brought it up to certain collectros they look at me like I'm crazy.

not that I'm free of nerdiness, but when you take a little distance and watch the things we collectros discuss...

- I heard there's a gatefold "Acid" (as in, it has an additional piece of cardboard)

- You are crazy