45 digs (NPR)

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
This is my first digs post on the strut, and I am quite plaesed with this untapped load of digs, so I thought I'd share my shit with the world.I think one or two could be resonably raer but whatever, they all sound good.Anyone out there feeling any of these?

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Oh and got the lot for ??30 which isn't too bad

• djrdjr 511 Posts

The Entertainer is a fantastic tune. Truly deserves the classic northern soul status it has. I rate a couple of Soulful Strings 45s quite highly? I must be playing the other side of what you pictured, as I don't recall 'I Wish It Would Rain'.....

Uncle Funk - I have that 45, but it hasn't sunk in. I should give it another spin.

I'd say I slightly prefer Your Autumn Of Tomorrow to Uncle Funk, just for the 'Ughh' factor and the reversed overdubs at the start of the verse. It has got to be one of the most consistently funky a side/b side combos on one 45, in my collection anyway. I heard 2 seconds of it and that was it. Heavy Funk on a Billy Garner level.

I wish it would rain is really mellow. Sounds good. I've also got Within you without you on 45 by them too.

The Rosko is good, but pressed off centre slightly and with all the horns on there you end up getting sea-sick by the end of it.. shame. I remember David Holmes dropping a copy in the same condition. Makes me wonder if there was ever a good pressing of it or if the entire run was flawed.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

I must be playing the other side of what you pictured, as I don't recall 'I Wish It Would Rain'.....

the other side is "listen here" I think, which I kinda dig, but I'm weird...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    The Crow is pretty hype... though I think thats a UK reissue?

Yeah I think it is cause its got the small hole center, I was told the US release changes hands for some pretty mad cash, but this press doesn't fetch much.

Music-wise this ones definitely going in with the faves.