White House: We don't mean what we say

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
This made me laugh when I read this article today in the paper. The information comes from today's Washington Post and was in the SF Chronicle. It's about how the White House now denies what it meant when Bush said that the U.S. will "stay the course" in Iraq.June 2006 George Bush after a trip to Baghdad - "I saw people wondering whether the United States would have the nerve to stay the course and help them [Iraq] succeed."July 2006 Bush in Milwaukee - "We will win in Iraq so long as we stay the course."August 2006 Bush in Salt Lake City - "We will stay the course. We will help this young Iraqi democracy succeed."October 2006 Bush at a news conference - "The characterization of, you know, 'it's stay the course' is about a quarter right. 'Stay the course' means keep doing what you're doing. My attitude is: Don't do what you're doing if it's not working - change. 'Stay the course' also means don't leave before the job is done."October 2006 Bush or Tony Snow, White House press secretary to ABC News [the article isn't clear which one said this.] - "Listen, we've never been stay the course, George [Stephanopoulous from ABC News]. We have been - we will complete the mission, we will do our job and help achieve the goal, but we're constantly adjusting that tactics. Constantly."October 2006 Tony Snow - "This is not a stay-the-course policy." - "What you have is not 'stay the course' but in fact a study in constant motion by the administration."It's amazing what election years will do to politicians.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• Sayin,
    If they would not take us for idiots and just admit to a change in policy, then I could give kudos for that. Instead they play it like "stay the course" was not even in thier vocabulary before. That just entitles them to my scorn. Really can't stand those Liars.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    turn on your phone or pay your bill, bama!

• It's like a version of the Jedi Mind Trick for the mentally challenged.

This is not the administration that got us stuck in Iraq...[/b]

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    It's like a version of the Jedi Mind Trick for the mentally challenged.

This is not the administration that got us stuck in Iraq...[/b]

"Move along."