Kim Osorio vs. The Source

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone hear that she won her sexual harrassment case?

Comments

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    I read it, check allhiphop.com for infos. Benzino must pay 14. something millions to her.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I read it, check allhiphop.com for infos. Benzino must pay 14. something millions to her.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Yeah, I just saw that now. Difficult to see how The Source can come back from this. I'm sure they'll appeal, but that could end up costing them even more.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Peace
    Hawkeye

Yeah, I just saw that now. Difficult to see how The Source can come back from this. I'm sure they'll appeal, but that could end up costing them even more.

That 14.5 M figure is meaningless--The Source is essentially judgment-proof, and the figure will be cut way down on appeal or with a post-trial motion. Nobody ever actually gets that kind of money.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Peace
    Hawkeye

That 14.5 M figure is meaningless--The Source is essentially judgment-proof, and the figure will be cut way down on appeal or with a post-trial motion. Nobody ever actually gets that kind of money.

Well, I didn't think she would, to be perfectly honest. It does kind of put the cap on the decline of The Source under the Benzino regime, though. Nowadays it's easier for people to say they wouldn't dream of giving houseroom to it but, back in the early 90's, there really wasn't a whole lot else out there (and if there was, it wasn't finding its way across the Atlantic too often). Irrespective of what it's like now, it still seems a shame that Benzino could run the magazine into the ground the way he did.