people that dont give autographs

macacamacaca 278 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
im ashamed to say, at one point in time (1999) i was a member at okayplayer.cause well, i liked the roots. i got the opportunity to see them for a private type of show, and brought an lp to get signed. ?uest, check. leonard hubbard, check (who, by the way, is the nicest guy ive ever met) i even recognized kelo the producer, so i got his too. black thought? sorry. he talked to me, (for what seemed like forever) as to why he couldnt sign my record, or give any autographs.he could have signed 30 copies in the same time that it took to give his 'explanation' i was bummed at the time, cause hes on my top 10 favorite mc's ever list could it be a coincidence, the last record i bought of theirs was 'things fall apart'? probably not.now its your turn to give a really gay story like mine!

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I don't give autographs.

• I had a table selling vintage posters at a blaxploitation/70s film convention outside of NYC around 1998. Fred Williamson, Richard Roundtree, Gloria Hendry, Antonio Fargas and even a couple of the foxy ladies from BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS were the guests. They were all super nice people, and sold their autographs for $15-$20/each.

Rudy Ray Moore was there too. He was just as nice as any of them.

And he didn't charge a dime for his autograph.

• I had a table selling vintage posters at a blaxploitation/70s film convention outside of NYC around 1998. Fred Williamson, Richard Roundtree, Gloria Hendry, Antonio Fargas and even a couple of the foxy ladies from BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS were the guests. They were all super nice people, and sold their autographs for $15-$20/each.

Whos dis wiseguy who wants an autograph??!!??

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Say what you want about J5 (I've said some things myself), but Chali 2Na is one of the nicest blokes I've met. We are mutual friends of Thaione Davis, and I had a nice talk with him before an OutKast show 7 years ago. It's been impossible to dislike them on human terms ever since.

• yep, i met rudy ray moore too. super nice dude. i got him to autograph a dolemite 8 X 10.
    funny story. a buddy of mine(mc abdominal) met LITTLE RICHARD at a restaurant in london, asked l.r. for his autograph and he said i'll give you an autographed pic. proceeds to hand him a bible with a autographed pic hanging out. ab's said i just want the pic and l.r. said if you want the pic. you have to take the bible too. LITTLE RICHARD is hardcroe.
    peace, stein. . .

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    black thought? sorry. he talked to me, (for what seemed like forever) as to why he couldnt sign my record, or give any autographs.
    he could have signed 30 copies in the same time that it took to give his 'explanation' i was bummed at the time, cause hes on my top 10 favorite
    mc's ever list
    could it be a coincidence, the last record i bought of theirs was
    'things fall apart'? probably not.

now its your turn to give a really gay[/b] story like mine!

Not related to autographs, but once before a Roots show, Black Thought entertained himself by calling a local journalist (who was supposed to interview the band) "a fag".

• yep, i met rudy ray moore too. super nice dude. i got him to autograph a dolemite 8 X 10.
    funny story. a buddy of mine(mc abdominal) met LITTLE RICHARD at a restaurant in london, asked l.r. for his autograph and he said i'll give you an autographed pic. proceeds to hand him a bible with a autographed pic hanging out. ab's said i just want the pic and l.r. said if you want the pic. you have to take the bible too. LITTLE RICHARD is hardcroe.
    peace, stein. . .

Why the fuck wouldn't he take the bible? Religion aside, what a conversation piece!