Buttrock, What The Hell Does That Mean?

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone got a definition in their mind for what exactly is butt rock to them? I was thinking about this today as an offshoot to Faux's country post. I think buttrock is something that when you listen to, your ass clenches with embarrassment and horror that you're listening to it. Some examples:Scorpions-whole catalogFoghat-whole catalogBTO-whole catalogPoison-ibidMotley Crue-ibidJohn Cougar Mallomar-ibidForeigner-ibidThat "Highway to the Danger Zone" song from Top GunAdd on foolios!

Comments

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    My brother drops the "buttrock" term quite a bit. What does "ibid" stand for?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    ibid means see above.

Is butt rock qualifiable/quantifiable? Or is it a feeling/emotional connection to music that is person to person, etc.?

• There have been other buttrock threads. I remember there being a definitive breakdown in one of them.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i actually call that kind of music cock rock. Cause it is inherently homosexual.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I've actually been re-buying some Motley Crue & Poison 45s that I had when I was a kid (guilty pleasures). Does that make me a closet butt rocker???