Crate Digging Discreetly With WIfi From Phone/palm

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
i checked price and content on some questionable lps today with my new phone/palm coolnow i need a wrist sized turntableone day i will find a soundburger

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    definitely not that real schitt

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    definitely not that real schitt

well i was trying to figure this one out,
    and it helped

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    2006 ROBOCOP DIGGER

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Pretty soon we'll have a wi-fi chip in our forearm and an internal hard drive wired to our brain that will download and retain (respectively) live ebay and popsike feeds. This goes without saying we will have wikipedia feeds/foodTV feeds as well. We will hold all knowledge of everything documented, and there will never be any need to study things other than the future.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    sketch you rule
    please draw a comic or sketchmatic of this forearm retnal apparati you are invisioning

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• how the hell did you type the name of that record into your palm pilot? you got cyrillic fonts?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    "Greek Heat"

Double Entendre graemlin needed

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

YES
    AWESUM

THIS IS IT
    THANKS
    SIGN ME UP BRAH
    WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• I can check popsike on my blackberry... but not ebay.

I can occasionally google some good info on there too.

It has proven helpful a few times, now if I could only download a maps program.

You have to admit, that shit is WEAK.
    Do you want a bunch of dudes running through your shop checking every LP against fuggin' Popsike?
    It's the 2006 version of the dude I saw at the Summit show last Saturday who was walking from table to table with a Rockin Records price guide, looking for "deals."

Music? FUCK IT.
    Underpriced records I don't want but have to buy because they're underpriced? ABSOLUTELY.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Summit

Damn, I forgot about that show.

I occassionally take a note or two on my Treo but the only time I flex the web browser is to check the score of the game.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I put reminders of stuff to look for on my regular-ass phone, but ? Use your instincts man. Isn't that what digging is all about?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    As a Palm employee I say

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    ...now if I could only download a maps program.

Check out Google Maps Mobile. I use it on my blackberry. It is a nice version of google local that will map out directions for you and let you move through them step by step as you go along.

http://www.google.com/gmm

-billb

Do you want a bunch of dudes running through your shop checking every LP against fuggin' Popsike?
    It's the 2006 version of the dude I saw at the Summit show last Saturday who was walking from table to table with a Rockin Records price guide, looking for "deals."

Music? FUCK IT.
    Underpriced records I don't want but have to buy because they're underpriced? ABSOLUTELY.

Hahaha. I am sensitive to the badd-lookage. It comes into play when you are holding a boner in your hands - perhaps your own - and you want to know if it's the real deal.

Not everyone can know the entire range of single-release major label SSW artists!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    I can check popsike on my blackberry... but not ebay.

Music? FUCK IT.

Hahaha. I am sensitive to the badd-lookage. It comes into play when you are holding a boner in your hands - perhaps your own - and you want to know if it's the real deal.

Not everyone can know the entire range of single-release major label SSW artists!

werd
    money>the professor

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I just call my mom, opps I meant...... my staff back at the office.

I've taken pictures on my mobile of records I wasnt sure I wanted to commit to, stashed them and then look them up when I get home. That only happens when no one is in the office to take my call though.

Music? FUCK IT.

It's 2006. Paperchase.
    I've seen people come to my yard sale with a scanner phone[/b], scan EVERY [/b] book at my yard sale's UPCs and buy a tub full of books, the tub of which she brought with her walking to the sale.

Shit is real son, shit ain't a game no more. eBay and yard sale/fleas/shows are fucking ruthless. I almost beat the fuck outta some guy who was digging behind the box I was digging in front of at a show because I couldn't see dick of what I was looking at in the boxes. Turns out he wanted that War record I passed by, oh darn.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

Shit is real son, shit ain't a game no more. I almost beat the fuck outta some guy who was digging behind the box I was digging in .

non wtf
    you used to be so...............pastoral and holistic
    the mackdaddy is pissed an gittin all gully

I'll "check a ho" when they aren't doing right by their fellow man.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i dont have the patience for that shit. When i dig, i just go on instinct and knowledge i have from reading liner notes, internet, etc... and just random guessing. I have a vestax poratble, but i dont think ive used it digging ever. Im just not into that shit. I like being surprised when i get home that record i thought was a terd turns out to be worth a grip. Or the oppisite of finding some crazy shit with cats with afros on it, and it is worth $2

• Better looking stuff up than calling a friend on the cellphone and getting them to look it up which I've seen a few times.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

It's 2006. Paperchase.

Shit is real son, shit ain't a game no more.

• You sound poor.

• Or the oppisite of finding some crazy shit with cats with afros on it, and it is worth $2

Do you mean this?

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    exactly

i would expect that have some super cosmic mothership funkeyness on that jawn.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    When i dig, i just go on instinct and knowledge i have

Ive seen people using cells to have people check on stuff online, but its usually on books or clothes or something like that at a thrift.

Using technology of any kind (and that includes bringing a portable turntable)while digging is cheating in my estimation. But i'm old fashioned.

And I dont hold it against people who do use it though. Its just not my thing. And im not that tech savvy either.