Best Merch EVAR! Whites Stripes Related...

cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I know this isn't exactly breaking news since it's a year old but...The White Stripes were selling the "Triple Inchopone" on some dates oftheir '05 Fall tour. The package came with the portable called the "Triple Inchophone",a turntable that plays 3" vinyl, and a bunch of their 7"'s repressed in that format, includingone tune that will only be available on 3". Are these one of a kind players?Will the 3" catch on?Only time will tell.White Stripes, love'em or hate'em (the RULE in my opinion) you gottagive'em props for the best merch EVAR!

Comments

• how much did these originally retail for? they are going for upwards for $800 on e-bay now. cool/cute little toy, but i don't know how useful.

• The adapter on that looks pretty funny.
    On the EU press of the Denial Twist 7" cover, the girl's holding a GP3.

Cool idea, I presume they originally would have been expensive, putting a package like that together would cost a shitload.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    whooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Here's Jack White's take on the whole situation,
    he seems like a pretty cool guy if you ask me.

A Message from Mr. White

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    how much did these originally retail for? they are going for upwards for $800 on e-bay now. cool/cute little toy, but i don't know how useful.

I wanna say it was like a hundred bucks. I know a couple broke 'opportunists' that sold one on ebay and they definitely didn't get that much for it but this was a while back... I knew the players were not exclusive to the Stripes, but if you look at that link above it actually says the company destroyed the last 3000 of them due to lack of interest, which is why this product became stupid limited to begin with

that link above it actually says the company destroyed the last 3000 of them due to lack of interest

That part seemed weird, wouldn't you find someone to buy them on the cheap
    rather than destroying them? WTF?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

that link above it actually says the company destroyed the last 3000 of them due to lack of interest

Well, this site has a far greater concentration of vinyl obsessives than you'll find almost anywhere... how many of us do you think own three-inch records?!

Well, this site has a far greater concentration of vinyl obsessives than you'll find almost anywhere... how many of us do you think own three-inch records?!

Obviously very few. But how many people bought those stupid ass "Vinyl Killer"?
    Any how many people actually use them?
    Besides the random jack-ass at record shows.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    haha i could only imagine some dude breaking out the vinyl killer and using it in record show/store. Goto a-1 records and just bust that shit out and start grinding up wax. I think you would get shot in the head with the quickness.

haha i could only imagine some dude breaking out the vinyl killer and using it in record show/store. Goto a-1 records and just bust that shit out and start grinding up wax. I think you would get shot in the head with the quickness.

I've seen sellers at record shows with a "Vinyl Killer" running
    as a conversation piece. The stupidity overheard in the vicinity
    boggles the mind.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    way fuckin' cool!! micro machines and muscle men!

wikipedia, never fails either: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Inchophone