PROMO FLYER?? WHAT!!!

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
yeah.. this club owner asked me to get him some promo flyers... and since I'm not a promoter... what the fuck I know bout a promo flyer.. help with ideas.. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Promo flyers? He wants you to spend money on getting shit printed up to promote whatever night you're trying to get going. I'd work out the money breakdown and what percentage of the door and bar you're getting before spending one thin dime. Club owners are almost on the same level as used car salesmen on the scumbag food chain. Proceed with caution and a healthy dose of skepticism and prejudice. Getting people to come to his club is his responsibility, not yours. It's like asking the bartenders to drum up more business...

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Design a flyer if you have time and tell him it's ready for print whenever he wants to pay for it. Most DJ's get 10% of the bar take so don't spend any $ up front on ANYTHING unless you know your going to make it back. Just do as much FREE advertising as possible. Make a flyer for myspace etc...

If you do get flyers, they shouldn't cost too much. You can usually find 2500-5000 for about $100. I use 4colorcard.com