iraqi war footage (holy shit related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
warning: disturbingunreal nightvision footage of American snipers...shit hits the fan at about 2:16

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    video games for recruiters

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I think I saw this a while ago. Don't want to watch it again. Is this the one where they mow down some guy waving a white flag? I'm not so naive that I think they should have flown down and arrested him or something but it certainly shows what modern warfare is like.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    It didn't look like a white flag to me. Besides, it's evident that the we're seeing a heat-sensitive image; I think anything white is hot.

I was surprised by the restraint. Instead of just blowing everything up, they needed to be reasonably certain that there were weapons involved. What else should we expect from soldiers?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I was surprised by the restraint. Instead of just blowing everything up, they needed to be reasonably certain that there were weapons involved. What else should we expect from soldiers?

It's war, of course, but their level of certainty wasn't very convincing to me. A pretty disturbing video.

• Fuck is with them mowing down the wounded guy???

That's human life.

Although that also probably war, and I have no idea what the circumstances are, but it seemed like a vicious lack of compassion for that wounded solider from this video. Also, it's probably easier to blow people to pieces when it looks just like a video game.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Fuck is with them mowing down the wounded guy???

That's human life.

Although that also probably war, and I have no idea what the circumstances are, but it seemed like a vicious lack of compassion for that wounded solider from this video. Also, it's probably easier to blow people to pieces when it looks just like a video game.

sooo it's cool to mow down the others, but if dude is wounded they're supposed to run out there and try to save him? I agree with Danno, and if it was me over there you can bet I'd be plugging anything that fucking moved. I can't even imagine the stress and nerves.

• Fuck is with them mowing down the wounded guy???

That's human life.

sooo it's cool to mow down the others, but if dude is wounded they're supposed to run out there and try to save him? I agree with Danno, and if it was me over there you can bet I'd be plugging anything that fucking moved. I can't even imagine the stress and nerves.

I agree that I have no idea what it's like out there. I agree that the stress and nevousness must be incredible.

The others that were running around with guns were a threat and should be killed. However, if someone is lying on the ground wounded, no longer a threat, you are not supposed to execute them. That's morality. That's also me still wishing that the US had some kind of moral ethos. I guess we don't take prisoners anymore.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This video is at least 3 years old.
    Out of curiousty, how many of you been deployed in Iraq?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I am definitely not a fan of the war or any of our policies in Iraq, but I don't think it's any of our places to criticize the actions of soldiers in the midst of a battle, or to generalize that we "don't take prisoners anymore" based on that video. You and I have absolutely no idea what is really going there or what the circumstances leading up to that video were, so we shouldn't judge the actions of those whose lives are in immediate danger every day. I know I'd be one trigger happy sumbitch if I was unfortunate enough to be over there.

I am definitely not a fan of the war or any of our policies in Iraq, but I don't think it's any of our places to criticize the actions of soldiers in the midst of a battle, or to generalize that we "don't take prisoners anymore" based on that video.
    Thank You.

• I also recognise how naive my last post sounds, and that there really are no rules in war. Baseline is that war is hell and this war is unjustified. Poor people dying for rich people. Daily operation on planet earth.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    "american snipers"?? it's pretty obvious those bullets weren't coming from a sniper but gunship cannon (doing the targeting filming as well), also if i remember correctly these dudes were trying to set up an rpg around some farm equipment near a camp or base, so they got smoked

"american snipers"?? it's pretty obvious those bullets weren't coming from a sniper but gunship cannon (doing the targeting filming as well), also if i remember correctly these dudes were trying to set up an rpg around some farm equipment near a camp or base, so they got smoked
    I'm pretty sure that this is correct.
    Also, I think those insurgents were setting up a mortar and/or an IED, not an RPG.

• "american snipers"?? it's pretty obvious those bullets weren't coming from a sniper but gunship cannon (doing the targeting filming as well), also if i remember correctly these dudes were trying to set up an rpg around some farm equipment near a camp or base, so they got smoked

sorry , im not familiar with the military jargon....

some american dudes blowing up iraqi dudes...that covers it with no errors

• I am definitely not a fan of the war or any of our policies in Iraq, but I don't think it's any of our places to criticize the actions of soldiers in the midst of a battle, or to generalize that we "don't take prisoners anymore" based on that video.
    Thank You.

I take back my criticism. I have no idea what combat is like at all - shit, just seeing people getting killed on a pixelated youtube video gets me shaken up. I would not be good at that job at all, and I have loads of respect for anyone who is able to do it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I really dont see whats so fucked up about this footage. Looks like some regular ass war type shit. Bad guys got guns, we shoot em up.

The only thing fucked up is that so many American Soldiers are still caught up in that fucking mess. We need to just get the fuck out.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    [
    I take back my criticism. I have no idea what combat is like at all - shit, just seeing people getting killed on a pixelated youtube video gets me shaken up. I would not be good at that job at all, and I have loads of respect for anyone who is able to do it.

It shakes most people up, for good reason. War is fucked up and watching people die (even on a pixelated You-tube video) should not be easy to watch. The soldiers out there fighting aren't any better than us, but they sure aren't any worse either, god (or whoever) bless 'em all.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I am definitely not a fan of the war or any of our policies in Iraq, but I don't think it's any of our places to criticize the actions of soldiers in the midst of a battle, or to generalize that we "don't take prisoners anymore" based on that video. You and I have absolutely no idea what is really going there or what the circumstances leading up to that video were, so we shouldn't judge the actions of those whose lives are in immediate danger every day. I know I'd be one trigger happy sumbitch if I was unfortunate enough to be over there.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I really dont see whats so fucked up about this footage. Looks like some regular ass war type shit. Bad guys got guns, we shoot em up.

The only thing fucked up is that so many American Soldiers are still caught up in that fucking mess. We need to just get the fuck out.

Well, there's three people that get blown up. That's something, even if they're not Americans. If they were, maybe you'd be disturbed as well.