I just watched the BORAT MOVIE!

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Definition of = Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah that shit looks real good. All his other work is
    my favorite borat joint though is the wine tasting. When he pulls out those pics of his sister i loose it. oh shit youtube got it
    peep game

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    i think it looks weak.
    is it me, or has sacha baron cohen forgotten how to do borat?
    he acts like a guy doing a bad borat impersonation.
    and if you watch the old episodes of ali.g, they dont even look the same.

• i went to an advance screening of this borat movie, i thought it was terrible but out of everyone i know it seems i am the ONLY one who thinks this, i realy thought it was awful, maybe something happened that night and i wasnt in the mood for it....save it for dvd or better yet bittorrent.

"my mother says a sometimes she wish she was a raped by another man"

that skit does contain one of borats best lines ever.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    You hatters need to TAKE A SEAT.

Just saw it today, holy shit it was funny.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    You hatters need to TAKE A SEAT.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    oh my god... that wine tasting skit is

I cannot WAIT to check Borat tomorrow.... how people can hatt on this is beyond me.

• got my ticket for tomorrow night. perhaps those unimpressed were lacking proper inspiration:

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i just saw it. i haven't laughed that hard in a theatre since i was 12 (dumb and dumber if you were wondering).

i think this film solidfies cohen as one of the greatest improvisers of all time.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this flick is getting insanely good reviews across the board, even from critics i thought would hate it. i always thought the borat stuff on ali g was hit or miss. some pretty fucking funny, some ehhhh. but this sounds like it was done right and i can't wait to see it.

• His slapstick is flawless:

• His slapstick is flawless:
    Though I'm glad they lost the laugh track when they brought the show over here.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    I will say they held back on some of the awkward cringeworthy humour that's normally on Borat segments (although it's still there) and went all out with straight jokes and outrageous shit.

• Keen to check this out when it drops over here.
    Need a good laugh.

• You hatters need to TAKE A SEAT.

Just saw it today, holy shit it was funny.

• Ya gotta give the man his props for that wine tasting bit.

He drank like 6 or 8 glasses of wine in no time, dude had to have be bombed by the end of that shtick, and he still kept it together.

Its not Steve Martin In "The Jerk" but I'll give his movie look.

Funny guy.

Peace for Now, Peace for Later.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i just saw it - for a third time. i haven't laughed that hard in a theatre ever[/b]

the only criticism i can possibly imagine someone giving out is that it was over-hyped

so many funny parts

back pussy

in my country, they would go nuts for these two. eh, not so much her [points to reverend's ugly wife]

the funniest fight sequence ever. hands down.

driving instructor is hilarious, too

not only is it an outstanding comedy, but it ranks as one of the best 'road trip' movies ever too

• $26.5 million this weekend, despite being a "limited release".

i thought it was hysterical but left feeling a little disappointed. if you have seen every episode of ali g (like i have), some of it is too close to skits he has already done (the etiquette coach, singing the national anthem, etc.). however, there are some "oh no he didn't!" moments in the movie that literally had me crying. i have never been to a movie where the entire theatre was laughing soo hard. definitely worth the price of admission, perhaps more so if you aren't that familiar with the ali g show.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i thought it was hysterical but left feeling a little disappointed. if you have seen every episode of ali g (like i have), some of it is too close to skits he has already done (the etiquette coach, singing the national anthem, etc.).

i was a little dissapointed too having watched all of the ali g show stuff. although he pushed a lot of the recycled material pretty far. i thought some stuff was cut too short like interviews and stuff but hopefully the dvd will have a lot of bonus material.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Pa-Mela! I am not attracted to you any more....NOT!

• i laughed my fuckin ass off. it was truly painful to laugh that hard.

there is one scene that is the most over the top unbelievably fucked up viewing ever imaginable. completely ridiculous stop that you would not imagine would be in a film

"she had the asshole of a 7 year old boy."

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Some of my favorite parts were when he was in NYC, like when he dropped his bag on the subway and his chicken got out. "Oh shit." He ran into some pretty mean New Yorkers that alternated between the old-school asshole variety ("Get the fuck outa my way") and fanny boys ("Don't you touch me!"), and then there was that one dude who was just running away like a little girl.

Another hilarious part when he was talking about music with those guys in Atlanta.

That chase seen in the hotel...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Grizzly 69 hotel scene...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "I get clock radio...but he cannot afford one! Great success!"

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    "Everyone know iPod Mini is for girls!"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "....disco dance!"

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    When he rolls into the hotel, pants riding low...

"skeet skeet bitches"

• throwing the bills at the roaches and when the little kids rush the j-- egg

• $26.5 million this weekend, despite being a "limited release".

ANDthe #1 movie despipte being on 2,500 less screens

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    throwing the bills at the roaches

SO CLASSIC!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah... the 'naked man fight' was too much! I almost fell out of my chair from laughing. I didn't want to look, but I had to....

Saw it on Sunday. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I was in pain when I left the theatre.