Miami record shopping

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I'mma be in Miami for the weekend and I'm wondering if anyone could offer up some suggestions on where I might be able to find some used records. Moreso than anything else, I'll be looking for Haitian records. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Honestly, you will not find records in Miami over the weekend unless you know some DL spots or know somebody to take you to some DL spots.

Blue Note in north miami might be worth a try, but most likely a waste of time. Unless your ready to spend a weekend in the thrifts just go to the beach and enjoy the food.

If you want to drive up to broward & west palm you have a better chance of finding a few things.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Honestly, you will not find records in Miami over the weekend unless you know some DL spots or know somebody to take you to some DL spots.

By Monday morning Harvey will be cursing any and all of these newbie carpetbaggeurs who came into town after him not knowing how real he and cursing their blatent disregard of the true Hatian experience.

He will also have bought several records from an elderly local Hatian chef at about 0.25 a pop and he'll pop on SS to let us know that shopping at Blue Note is the fakest music experience one can have in the Miami area.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Blue Note in north miami might be worth a try, but most likely a waste of time. Unless your ready to spend a weekend in the thrifts just go to the beach and enjoy the food.

If you want to drive up to broward & west palm you have a better chance of finding a few things.

Yes, my Haitian relatives used to live in Broward...so that makes sense. I guess I was just wondering if anyone knew of any specific shops or weekend markets to hit in Little Haiti.