old local club t-shirt (facemelt bands related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
old t-shirt form our local punk club...check out the bands! Bad brains, Mission of Burma, Minutemen, REM, the fall....damn that was a cool club..I saw my first club show there in '86 Saint Vitus and The Mentors!

Comments

• Red hot chilli peppers were sort of a hype too (1985). The punk scene in the US was kind of light, not the really rough industrial or suburban tough stuff from Europe. I liked that, though I think many groups were a bit boring due to just playing a kind of average 'modern' rock 'n roll or a sort of heavy metal. The Bad brains and for instance H??sker du were quite nice as far as I know in this genre.

• Red hot chilli peppers were sort of a hype too (1985). The punk scene in the US was kind of light, not the really rough industrial or suburban tough stuff from Europe. I liked that, though I think many groups were a bit boring due to just playing a kind of average 'modern' rock 'n roll or a sort of heavy metal. The Bad brains and for instance H??sker du were quite nice as far as I know in this genre.

The Bad Brains were "nice"?

Dude....

• Of course, not mentioning the fact that when it comes to reality, the US and some of it's citizens lack a realistic point of view. But they can be cute sometimes, thanks for the images.
    You would recognize reality from pretty pictures if I would show you my ugly old bike (built 1968) which I use over here in Amsterdam, for sure.

• Of course, not mentioning the fact that when it comes to reality, the US and some of it's citizens lack a realistic point of view. But they can be cute sometimes, thanks for the images.
    You would recognize reality from pretty pictures if I would show you my ugly old bike (built 1968) which I use over here in Amsterdam, for sure.

You're missing the point...

Someone plaese to explain?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Of course, not mentioning the fact that when it comes to reality, the US and some of it's citizens lack a realistic point of view. But they can be cute sometimes, thanks for the images.

Monkey is NOT the one lacking a 'realistic point of view' here

He's trying to tell you that whatever derivitive nth generation Eurohardcorebullshit you listen to is descended directly from the Bad Brains