PM Email notification problems????

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
So I just got four emails in 1 minute with the message below. 3 from [email]forums@soulstrut.com[/email] and 1 from [email]orders@soulstrut.com[/email] but when I got onto the site I don't seem to have any new pms in my inbox. WTF? Is this some foolio's phising scheme for SS accounts or something?Anyone have this happen before or can explain this?You have received a private message on the board at SOUL STRUT FORUMS. You can go to http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/login.php to view it.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dude... I got 35!

• I installed Tiger on my iBook and lost all my stored passwords etc so I requested a new password but got no reply...
    However I got two emails today about a month later

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I just got 89! I hadn't been getting them for ages, so I imagine all the notifications for the PMs i received over the past months arrived en masse.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I got like 150. Shit was crazy... I hope it stops.

• I got like 150. Shit was crazy... I hope it stops.

• eetzeetz 53 Posts
    but did any of you actually have any new PMs? I thought I was popular for a second, then checked and saw that there weren't any new PMs.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    but did any of you actually have any new PMs? I thought I was popular for a second, then checked and saw that there weren't any new PMs.

All the emails not sent for some (apparantly great) amount of time all arrived today

I got one but it was only from a password request Friday, I don't receive email notifications on PMs

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    This is the second time I noticed this happening. Never got any notices to my email until today and they seem to be from the last two or three months. The same exact thing happend before....about two or three months ago.

Send your Christmas Cards and New Years Wishes now to insure a timely delivery!

Just Kidding.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i actually just checked my mail and got a request for a password that i asked for months ago.

• i actually just checked my mail and got a request for a password that i asked for months ago.

Are we officially wormhole wylin' out?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Haha! It came to my attention that noone was getting e-mail notifications from the forums. It turns out the sendmail sever was turned off and there was 1,000 e-mails in the backque! So I turned on the sendmail and flushed the system... hence the deluge of old e-mails.