Vintage boomboxes, walkmen, watches & calculators

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
For those who don't know about it already, check out http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/, devoted "to collect and celebrate personal memories of all integrated circuit-based consumer products from the electronics revolution of the 1970s and 1980s".Besides pics and info on a truckload of crazy digital watches and calculators, they also feature a pretty extensive walkman museum and some nice boomboxes like the Sharp "Melody Searcher":

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Nice!

Loving the mathematical bling

• Great page!

- J

• wow! that took up some time. awesome stuff, i am such a fan of alot of 80s design of products. thanks

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

no log?!?!?!?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I've still got one of these. It cost me ??125 new back in 1981, which was some serious fucking money back then. It isn't in anywhere near as good shape as this, because I took it all over Europe during the 80's, but the condition is probably nothing that a good servicing couldn't sort out. I used to do mad pause-button mixes and edits on it. You could play both tape players at once, which meant you could rock doubles on tape, do phasing effects, echoing effects, all kinds of crazy shit. I need to get that joint out of the shed, fix it up and get back to analog...

• The jawns with turntables and or synths in them are crazy. The gold one with the flip down turntable is