Funky Hava Naglia?

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Anybody got/ever heard or seen an funky version of Hava Nagila? Im Djing a friends wedding and was asked if anything like this existed. Anyone......? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I used to mix the Harry Belafonte version with Louie Rankin "Typewrighter" instrumental all the time. Not really "funky" but more like hard.

"MASH UP"

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I was thinking of mixing an acapella version with an instrumental, but I was looking for an easier way .

I am a lazy DJ.

• See if you can dig up a copy of "Chassidisco Fever"

Its got the fire hebrew breaks.

Looks like Hebrew Heat there!!!
    I was thinking that maybe some of those Xmas/Holiday Disco records might have a Hava Naglia track on them. Anybody know?

• I've got a killer disco version of Hava Nagila by the Bojewski Bros on 12" but i haven't made it microwave-ready yet. Hebrew breaks.

• There's also a James Brown Xmas song where he starts scatting "Hava Nagila" in the fade. It's pretty surreal, even for James....

I actually have that JB xmas record. I'll take a look. Thanks for the advice.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    See if you can dig up a copy of "Chassidisco Fever"

Its got the fire hebrew breaks.

Funky Shemah Yisrael!

• I saw these guys rip through "Hava Nagila" at a Jewish wedding on Saturday night. One of the illest Horas I've ever seen.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I actually have that JB xmas record. I'll take a look. Thanks for the advice.

There's at least a few JB Xmas records... I think the CD has many if not most of them though

• I actually have that JB xmas record. I'll take a look. Thanks for the advice.

There's at least a few JB Xmas records... I think the CD has many if not most of them though

It's on the title track from his 3rd xmas LP, "Hey America". His riff on "Hava Nagila" is pretty brief and is sandwiched between a number of absurd/bizarre multicultural references that include James singing a snatch of "Volare" and mispronouncing "Danke Schoen" in the most perfect way.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    spotnicks...but its a little surfy