Soulstrutters wilding out in NC (BBR)

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Cowbwoy & I DJ'd the 7th annual (and last) Barrister's Ball costume party with our homies Castro & Chico and Merlin & Mooney. To say it was crazy would be very much of an understatement. I'll just let the pictures tell the story. Sonofsam & Mooney - holler at this thread!!! Hey, someone's gotta save the souls of northern soul 45 dealers' wayward daughters:Great night for zootaphiles:I got your backpack rap:The best sitar player in Raleigh NC, TPO (Totally Pimped Out):Requisite random hotties:Dancing on the tables was encouraged, mandatory and unavoidable:A very colorful crowd:Posting up with Soulstrutter sonofsam:Josh just being herself:Here's the rest of the pix I took before I got completely faded.And here's the records. Every song by every DJ from 1am on got a tremendous response and there were no shitty requests. What a great crowd!!!SET 1Stoney & Meatloaf: What You See Is What You Get (Rare Earth 45)The Radors: Finger Licking Chicken (Leoso 45)Lotti Golden: Sock It To Me Baby / It's Your Thing (Atlantic 45)King Coleman: The Boo Boo Song (part 1) (King 45)Shadows of Knight: Shake (Team 45)Jacques Dutronc: Le Responsible (Vogue France 45)Monguito Santamaria: Hey Sister (Fania France 45)Billy Sha-Rae: Let's Do It Again (Triple B 45)Harvey Scales & The 7 Sounds: The Yolk (Chess 45)Four Wheel Drive: Fussin' & Cussin' (Linco 45)Fantastic Johnny C: Let's Do It Together (Kama Sutra 45)Freddy Scott: Got What I Need (Shout 45)SET 2Sir Guy & The Rocking Cavaliers: Funky Virginia (DPG 45)Poets of Rhythm: North Carolina (Daptone LP)Greyboy feat. Sharon Jones & Quantic: Got To Be A Love (Ubiquity 12")Eddy Mitchell: Vieille Fille (Spinning Wheel) (Barclay France 45)Vigon: The Harlem Shuffle (Barclay France 45)Cindy und Bert: Der Hund Von Baskerville (Paranoid) (Cornet Germany 45)Patsy Gallant: Tout Va Trop Vite (Columbia Canada LP)

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    pix are hilarious. raleigh knows howta roll. whad you dress up as marco?

• marco, you were faded!... y'all had the place on smash though!... me and merlin rolled over there after we were done at the club, and that shit was crazy... saw soundmachine standing on the sidewalk and brought him with us... there were so many different kinds of people out there, definetly one of the best events i've been to in raleigh in a while... mooney and merlin killed it, too... mooney's gold chain game is unfadeable!... my shoes got fucked up, but it was worth it

• whad you dress up as marco?

Satanic priest I guess. I bought a priest costume, then put on makeup and wore a pentagram medallion, which managed to be backward when people took photos. Appropriate I guess!