Movies with great music that you watched as a kid

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Thanks to J*y from Hamburg (E.Daily), I recently discoevered an internet site that has sound clips of the soundtracks from my favorite children's films. My grandad recorded the movies for me and my brother. I remember watching the Flatfoot (Bud Spencer) flicks at my grandparents house very well. I was 4-5 years old. I've seen each Flatfoot (Piedone) episode at least ten times. I would always jump out of my chair and start dancing around to the "funkier" tunes. The Piedone theme was the first thing I could play on my grandma's organ. Great funky and groovy music for kids!I think the Piedone series got me hooked on the kind of music I listen to now first. My friends used to laugh at me, because I was always trying to tell them how good the soundtrack was. They couldn't remember the music from Piedone. Well, I sent them links to the sound clips and they were totally amazed. They never paid attention to the music. Probably, because all the other other Bud Spencer movies have bad soundtracks. The De Angelis brothers recorded some terrible music! Listen to some clips:Flatfoot (Piedone) - The Knock Out Cop My best experience in Italy was probably arriving at the Naples main station and walking through the streets of Naples. Most parts of the city still look like in the Piedone movies. What are your favorite kid's movies with good soundtracks? Did any movie get you hooked on the music you listen to now? Any cartoons? Any TV series?

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I also remember watching Signor Rossi as a kid! The soundtrack has already been reissued and there are several Signor Rossi DVDs. Great music!

Does any German Soulstrutter remember Robbi, Tobbi und das Fliewat??t? My older brother used to watch it a lot. The music was cool.

The German Sesame Street theme was composed and played by Ingfried Hoffmann (Memphis Black). I still like the main theme. The old episodes have cool music. Mostly written by Hoffmann.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    my threads suck...

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    i never saw "Robbi, Tobbi und das Fliewat??t" but have the soundtrack and the music is pretty good ...

and the music from wacky races was also great ...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i never saw "Robbi, Tobbi und das Fliewat??t" but have the soundtrack and the music is pretty good ...

yeah. i can't even remember if it was a series or a movie. i just know that my brother was a huge fan of it and i usually watched whatever my bigger brother was into.

the german sesame street main theme was played by the same ingfried hoffmann that did the score for robbi, tobbi und das fliewat??t.

are you german? do you know pelle ohlsen? i found the soundtrack to it. supposedly a cartoon, but i've never seen it.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Danish children's TV in the 70s had great music by some of the country's jazz greats. Musicians like Niels J??rgen Steen and Mads Vinding provided good boogaloo and straight jazz for shows like Vinterby??ster, Julerup F??rgeby, Kikkassen, etc. - Danish heads know the deal.

is pelle ohlsen a danish cartoon?

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    are you german? do you know pelle ohlsen?

sorry ... no i'm not and i dont know pelle ohlsen ...