Sabadaba's funeral thread

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
It seems our man is not coming back after all. I decided to start this thread as a tribute. Two testimonies:"Great guy" - brazilianmusic (ebay seller) "He was ok" - his widow FREEDOM

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    can I get a summary of the banning thread?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

• can I get a summary of the banning thread?

He is banned

This is a good thing (one less stupid prick related)

No its not (threat to democracy related)

JLR hijinks

Rockadelic talking to himself

He is banned

JLR hijinks

OK, I guess I really could have guessed. I really don't understand why he wasn't banned a long time ago. He's probably the most worthless person who I've ever seen on here. And yes, I'm glad to now have that title back.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It seems our man is not coming back after all. I decided to start this thread as a tribute. Two testimonies:

"Great guy" - brazilianmusic (ebay seller)

"He was ok" - his widow

FREEDOM

"He was just as annoying as any number of folks here on SS, he just wore the wrong uniform" - Rockadelic talking to himself

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

He is banned

JLR hijinks

OK, I guess I really could have guessed. I really don't understand why he wasn't banned a long time ago. He's probably the most worthless person who I've ever seen on here. And yes, I'm glad to now have that title back.

You won't have that title until Dolo Yeung leaves/is banned. Sorry Crinks.

"He was just as annoying as any number of folks here on SS, he just wore the wrong uniform" - Rockadelic talking to himself

as annoying, probably - but not funny. which is important.

as annoying, probably - but not funny. which is important.

Crink it all comes down to what we were talking about the other day...

"The only perfect BBS is one that only has one member"

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Rockadelic,

If the livelihood of your private mind garden depends on the belief that sabadaba was banned because of his personal politics, then so be it - but you're wrong.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Drewn, show some respect. You are like Mark Chapman in Lennon's funeral.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

amen

"Let the eagle soar,
    Like she???s never soared before.
    From rocky coast to golden shore,
    Let the mighty eagle soar.
    Soar with healing in her wings,
    As the land beneath her sings:
    'Only god, no other kings.'
    This country???s far too young to die.
    We???ve still got a lot of climbing to do,
    And we can make it if we try.
    Built by toils and struggles
    God has led us through."

• amen

"Let the eagle soar,
    Like she???s never soared before.
    From rocky coast to golden shore,
    Let the mighty eagle soar.
    Soar with healing in her wings,
    As the land beneath her sings:
    'Only god, no other kings.'
    This country???s far too young to die.
    We???ve still got a lot of climbing to do,
    And we can make it if we try.
    Built by toils and struggles
    God has led us through."

Man...what must John Ashcroft's Private Mind Garden be like?

Rockadelic,

If the livelihood of your private mind garden depends on the belief that sabadaba was banned because of his personal politics, then so be it - but you're wrong.

Here's what's in my private mind garden.....

I've seen numerous posts and threads here about how 9/11 was a U.S. Government plot. Along with these threads came numerous photos, websites and quotes that backed this nonsense up.

There are people here who had friends(myself included) and family members who died in 9/11 who could easily be offended by such posts.....yet no one called for any type of banning that I know of.

Then Saba makes a post satirizing the exact conspiracy theory detailed above. It was very obvious that this was an attempt at comedy, unlike the swill he was goofing on.

As a result of THAT post he was threatened with Ban, and like any one with any balls he laughed in the face of such a ridiculous threat....and he was banned.

If that is incorrect, please set me straight.

I keep seeing folks saying "it wasn't because of his politics", yet 90% of the run-ins he's had here were on political topics.

He dished it out and he took it....and usually when he dished it out he got it thrown back at himself ten fold....and in real life there are plenty of people who can't handle that.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Anyone notice how quickly this forum has been loading since Sabadabadoo was banned?

• "He was just as annoying as any number of folks here on SS, he just wore the wrong uniform" - Rockadelic talking to himself

Rockadelic,

I've seen numerous posts and threads here about how 9/11 was a U.S. Government plot. Along with these threads came numerous photos, websites and quotes that backed this nonsense up.

There are people here who had friends(myself included) and family members who died in 9/11 who could easily be offended by such posts.....yet no one called for any type of banning that I know of.

Then Saba makes a post satirizing the exact conspiracy theory detailed above. It was very obvious that this was an attempt at comedy, unlike the swill he was goofing on.

As a result of THAT post he was threatened with Ban, and like any one with any balls he laughed in the face of such a ridiculous threat....and he was banned.

I keep seeing folks saying "it wasn't because of his politics", yet 90% of the run-ins he's had here were on political topics.

He dished it out and he took it....and usually when he dished it out he got it thrown back at himself ten fold....and in real life there are plenty of people who can't handle that.

We get it you think this is a horrible injustice. At least Saba knew he was irritating.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Anyone notice how quickly this forum has been loading since Sabadabadoo was banned?

I see drewn was just following orders

Rockadelic,

We get it you think this is a horrible injustice. At least Saba knew he was irritating.

You think I would take the time to type this shit if I didn't think it was irritating to little weenies like you???

• "He was just as annoying as any number of folks here on SS, he just wore the wrong uniform" - Rockadelic talking to himself

Rockadelic,

You think I would take the time to type this shit if I didn't think it was irritating to little weenies like you???

You said you wouldn't tell anyone.

Rockadelic,

Do I really have to explain this again?

sabadaba made what I felt, personally, was an insensitive post about the plane crash, conspiracy theory, etc.

I confronted him about that and he responded with a personal insult.

I then "put it out there" that's it's funny he's insulting someone who, with five clicks of a mouse could put him on BAN.

His response:

In that case. Fuck you loser.[/b]

I just want to be sure to get that in before i get banned.

At that point, I ended his game. Sorry, I'm not for that bullshit.

Again - if you want to make me out to be a suppressor of free political thought on SoulStrut, that's up to you, but it's simply not the case.

Could I have used more restraint when being tested and personally insulted? Sure, I have no problem saying that to you or anyone else.

But, I have zero regrets regarding my decision yesterday, no matter how much riding you do for your man.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    It seemed to me that sababababa was making a reference to the posts about conspiracy theories regarding 911, but his timing was bad and sarcasm was subtle (if he was indeed joking, and given his history shunning conspiracy theories, i would guess he was). Obviously if someone had posted conspiracy theories on this board on 9/12, no one would have stood for it.

But the fact remains that no one got threatened with a ban of 911 conspiracy theories, nor does anyone get banned for cursing at other member of the board. Take that for what it is.

Sab needs to learn a thing or two about tact, but I personally don't think a ban was in order.

- spidey

Rockadelic,

sabadaba made what I felt, personally, was an insensitive post about the plane crash, conspiracy theory, etc.

I then "put it out there" that's it's funny he's insulting someone who, with five clicks of a mouse could put him on BAN.

His response:

Again - if you want to make me out to be a suppressor of free political thought on SoulStrut, that's up to you, but it's simply not the case.

Could I have used more restraint when being tested and personally insulted? Sure, I have no problem saying that to you or anyone else.

But, I have zero regrets regarding my decision yesterday, no matter how much riding you do for you man.

Fair enough.....

Do you think all the subsequent insensitive posts about plane crashes and conspiracy theories warranted a warning to be banned too???

And if so, why do you think it wasn't done??

I have no problem with following rules, but I think they should be the same for everyone.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    with five clicks of a mouse could put him on BAN.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Was it really 5 clicks??? I'm sure u probably only used 2. 3 max. If it was 5, u wasted to much of ur time on him.

Rockadelic,

His response:

But, I have zero regrets regarding my decision yesterday, no matter how much riding you do for you man.

Fair enough.....

Do you think all the subsequent insensitive posts about plane crashes and conspiracy theories warranted a warning to be banned too???

And if so, why do you think it wasn't done??

I have no problem with following rules, but I think they should be the same for everyone.

To answer this, I should note that the job of a moderator, as I understand it, is to make decisions for the betterment of the community. sabadaba's entire shtick was based on starting fires on this board. He was one of a few who's sole purpose is to do so. The comment I responded to was one of literally hundreds of them; check his record and tell me otherwise. There was a clear pattern of that behavior. I'm not here to go around threatening BAN on every user who makes an insensitive remark. But, this one had to go. And from the response of the community since then, it looks most of us felt the same way.

• sabadaba's entire shtick was based on starting fires on this board. He was one of a few who's sole purpose is to do so.

You sure? With all due respect, Drewn..

If this was the case he would have started A LOT more threads. He rarely started threads, when he did it was about how much he spent on some bossa lp.

All Sab would post were little smart ass remarks, no personal insults (until recently), just smart ass remarks.

Then he would get assaulted with personal insults.

Another smart ass post would follow.. etc..

You all accept Vitamin because he plays by the rules here:

"If you are a republican and/or conservative (or whatever) on this board feel free to post, but your posts must be free of any 1) smart ass comments and 2) personal insults. Items 1 and 2 are solely reserved for us."

Am I saying Sab didn't cross the line this time? No. He said "fuck you loser" and you banned him. If thats your choice so be it. You did warn him, and he insulted you. Fair enough.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

All Sab would post were little smart ass remarks...

Those were what started the fires.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    The way I see it, that dude no more detracted from this community any more than the next man. He crossed the line when he told a mod to fuck off. Point final.

Seriously dudes, I never even read the politics threads and knew sabadaba was an asshole. Usually guys like this are completely under the radar if you stay outta all those posts you guys make to fight and then act like you don't, dig? But, sabadaba was an ass about everything from day one. I've seen him start petty shit in weekend finds, etc. Which is not completely beyond the pale, but this dude contributed nothing. even when he spoke on records it was "oh look how much I spent on X bossa record. I'm a rich republican I can afford it." or whatever. I normally don't give a rat's ass either way about the people who get banned here. hell, I've almost been banned here. but sabadaba was just a punk. good ridance.

• so does this mean there'll be a annual Sabadabada R-I-P Day a la Pap Day?

I can't wait.