Best eBay excuse for delayed record

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I just got this email today concerning a record I won over a month ago but still haven't received.
Hey DJ Marco, sorry for the delay, I'm currenty making the roundsthrough NYC's fabulous homeless shelter system. At least there is asystem though!
What's some good excuses you've gotten? Or should we just refer to the K in Canada thread?

Comments

• Sorry I have not sent out you package yet, but sadly I have died and until chriogenic unfreezing techniques are perfected I will remain this way. I think somewhere around 2015 we should have that down, so I'll look you up. Sorry

I mean he totally spelled cryogenic wrong.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    not a record but...
    Hello,
    Your poster was shipped on 8/21 so I would have thought it would have reached you by now. I have had some items go missing recently that I shipped out. I am in the middle of moving as well as a divorce and child custody battle and things have been just crazy for me. It seems I misprinted some postage on a large shipment I did and I am wondering if this is what happened with your order. Is it possible to give it another 1-2 weeks to see if it shows up, either to you or returned to me, and if it does not I can either send you a refund or ship a new poster to you. Whatever you prefer. I am so sorry about this and am hoping it will show up to you within that time frame as it has with other customers.
    Thank you so much!
    Mary
    you're welcome so much!

ps- Mary is no longer a registered ebay user.

• I have to tell two people today they will not be receiving their records because they were accidently put out on the shelves and sold. Its true! But I know when they get their paypal refund and my message they are going to say "bullshit! you just didnt want to sell them for that low price!" But, we did get 3 times as much in the store for them than their ebay selling price. I put them on ebay and the bossman put them out on the shelves for some reason...I went to package them up yesterday and they were not in my "Awaiting Shipment" box, I asked and all i got was "Oh, I sold them last week". Oh well.

Once I needed to pay for an item 5 or 6 years ago, and a few days after the auction ended(still the "mail in the payment" era, pre-paypal) we had a Tornado on my street in Fort Worth. I lost power for a few days...he had been messaging me but since I did not have power I, naturally did not respond. When I got power I wrote him back and explained my situation...that I had no power for a few days and the whole storm insanity and aftermath I had forgotten about the auction and I would mail the payment. I got a message back from him. The beginning of the message explained, with great pride, that he was a "New Yorker" and a Texan/Southerner has "no business trying to "bullshit" a "New Yorker" He said it was the "worst lie of an excuse he had ever heard" and yada yada yada. I just sent him about a dozen news links to the Tornado. My street was in damn near every news story. I told him to fuck off and I was not going to pay for his auction and he could leave me negative feedback if he wanted.