Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    So hot!

C-webb and Will I am! THis album is really shaping up! I wonder why jay keeps pushing it back?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    So hot!

C-webb and Will I am!

He should let them both rap... preferably on a sequel to "Remember the Time"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Dana Barros and Cedric Ceballos are mad heated, yo.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    But the NBA's relationship with rap reached its weirdest-ever point yesterday when Allhiphop.com reported that San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker will be releasing a French rap album and that he's already recorded a song called "Top of the Game" with some French rapper named Booba and (of all people) Fabolous.

This actually came out awhile ago.

The video featuring cameos from Tim Duncan and Brent Barry is worth tracking down.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Chris Webber Making Beats Under An Alias
    By David Lopez
    Date: 12/29/2004 10:30 am

When he???s on the court he is a highly paid superstar, but behind the sound boards Chris Webber tries to remain as anonymous as possible.

The Sacramento King and NBA all-star has been making beats under a secret name for some time the athlete revealed.

???I make beats under an alias,??? Webber told Dime magazine in a recent interview. ???It???s some well-known cats coming out using my stuff right now. But it???s under an alias and hopefully the music will speak for itself because it won???t have my name on it,??? he continued.

This is not Webber???s first foray into the music business. The 6-10 Michigan graduate is also owner of Humility Records.

???I have had a studio in my house for 12 years and I learned from some of the best,??? Webber said. ???I came out with an album and that???s not something I wanted to do. Artists would come to my house and I???d let them record for free as long as they did a song with me and I???d rhyme over it???.I didn???t promote it. But I don???t like to even be looked at like I put out an album, because it was just for me.???

Webber cited A Tribe Called Quest???s Q -Tip???s classic line off ???Check the Rhime??? when talking about the business end of the game: ???Industry rule number 4,080? Record company people are shady.???

???I???m glad I don???t have to depend on that to make a living, ???he said. ???It???s an honor to make beats and a way to keep my love of music going and stay on the low.???

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Bottom line, C-Webb ain't no KB when it comes to this rap shit.