Koop

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone else here like these guys? Just got their new record, Koop Islands, and it's another very chill slice of vocal jazz. I usually hate almost all vocal jazz. But these guys make electronic jazz sound so earthy and always with choice vocalists that avoid cliche cocktail stuff. They used to release their stuff on Jazzanova Compost Records but I'm not sure about the new record.

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    At first I thought you were talking about:

• Anyone else here like these guys? Just got their new record, Koop Islands, and it's another very chill slice of vocal jazz. I usually hate almost all vocal jazz. But these guys make electronic jazz sound so earthy and always with choice vocalists that avoid cliche cocktail stuff. They used to release their stuff on Jazzanova Compost Records but I'm not sure about the new record.

the new record is as great as waltz for koop
    i got the new one off of soulseek, waiting for it on vinyl

the new video is dope as well...

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    That cover looks like it's a lost Gary Numan LP.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yukimi is kyooooooote!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Wow, 33rd. Forgive me for my ignorance, but I never checked that COOP fella before. That Boss Girl picture is great! Did somebody use that for an album cover? If not, somebody oughta.

And back to Koop - haven't heard the new stuff, but I liked "Waltz For Koop". Will check it.

• i thought you were talking about my boy Koop

homie is SICK with the art shit.