How Many of Yall (RR)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Can vs Can't sleep with music in the background? This post is inspired by the runout groove discussion. I used to get in mad fights with college roommates about this shit. I think it might have something to do with growing up in a city vs growing up in the country. Also, when music is on, I wanna listen. I can't sleep with any music on, be it classical, Bob Marley, or sleepy nappy time James Taylor. Holleur on it.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    sometimes I fall asleep with headphones on. I hate to wake up with a wire around my neck and an ear pad on my face though.

• montymonty 420 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I really tend to prefer absolute silence when I'm getting shut eye which is a bit of a pisser as my gf loves to have TV/music on to go to sleep to.

Having said that, if I put on FSOL's Lifeforms album I'll be asleep in ten minutes - guess it goes back to the whole not needing to listen to the music aspect.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I can't sleep with any music on

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I find it challenging to sleep with music on.

I also prefer to blap without music or any other A/V distraction.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I've got permanent tinnitus in one ear, so I can't sleep w/out some sort of background noise. Sorry for keeping you up late

• My tinnitus needs music, always.

• most of the time i do unless i know i really have to get to sleep.

usually i'll put on cat power or something like that...

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah i cant sleep with any music or any distractions. I got a little fan though that i have to have on to block out sounds like drunk roommates and stupid bitches after last call. It gives like white noise to the room which makes me sleep better.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I also prefer to blap without music or any other A/V distraction.

Agreed. This reminds me of another story. I was putting the moves on my (then) girl down in Nola. We were staying at her aunt's house while there (her aunt is a real kick ass lady, she's the "party aunt.") Some of her aunt's grandkids were over, and just as I was putting some good moves on, they started playing the aunt's PA system she had to work out to. The song: "Ladies Night" by Kool & The Gang. I defy anyone to try to seriously get down to that song without laughing! Shit was funny, I was amused by the juxtaposition of this "sexy" song that is super cheesy playing while I was trying to be sexy and do some stuff. So I was laughing, and she got pissed off. But, I eventually blocked it out.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    when music is on, I wanna listen. I can't sleep with any music on

• when music is on, I wanna listen. I can't sleep with any music on

I am usually this way, but sometimes if listening to music in the afternoon laying on the couch I will fall out. Only with music thats mastered in Phill Spector's wall of sound style. It has to be really full.

• I fall asleep at concerts..... I'm almost narcoleptic

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I prefer to sleep with music on.

Although my college roommate in the dorm sure didn't like me playing Ministry's A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Waste LP at bedtime.