Shaq is still an idiot (NBA-related)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
SI.comFurther evidence that Shaq has 3 neurons in his big head and the season hasn't even started:" The first three championships that I won, I won them. I had big numbers and I won them[/b]," O'Neal told the AP. "And last year, the guys won it for me. They won it for the big guy. Numbers are overrated. There's a lot of guys in this league who can say they've got great numbers. But they can't say they've got four rings in the last six years."

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Shaq is the most dominant player of his generation. Three different teams to the finals. Deal with it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You cant be that much of a Kobe dikrider to hatt on him. He's proven to the Hattez that he'd more important than a shooting guard.

Dont worry dog your Lakers r still a playoff team.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Flash single-handedly won him his 4th ring.

The Championship Lakers consisted of Derek Fisher's hustle and consistent J, Robert Horry's clutch threes, Rick Fox's savvy vet play, Kobe's all-around performance, and Shaq's dominance in the paint.

So for the Big Aristotle to say "He won them those rings" is ridiculous.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    SI.com

Further evidence that Shaq has 3 neurons in his big head and the season hasn't even started:

" The first three championships that I won, I won them. I had big numbers and I won them[/b]," O'Neal told the AP. "And last year, the guys won it for me. They won it for the big guy. Numbers are overrated. There's a lot of guys in this league who can say they've got great numbers. But they can't say they've got four rings in the last six years."

Hey Yuichi,

You do have to acknowledge the fact that Shaq left and STILL won a championship ring, while your boy Kobe is still struggling. I know, my boy E replies for you and says, "but Kobe's got a young squad with him, while Shaq had more help." But, the question really is, "would Kobe, being the selfish playing he is, utilize help if he had it?" I say Kobe's lack of character as a leader will ultimately determine why he'll NEVER be as successful as Shaq in terms of winning championships. Fuck a stat, it's about rings and trophies when it comes to legacy. I bet you Dominique would trade all those fucking points for just one NBA championship ring.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Flash single-handedly won him his 4th ring.

The Championship Lakers consisted of Derek Fisher's hustle and consistent J, Robert Horry's clutch threes, Rick Fox's savvy vet play, Kobe's all-around performance, and Shaq's dominance in the paint.

So for the Big Aristotle to say "He won them those rings" is ridiculous.

Weve been through this before.

POST PLAY. FROM THE INSIDE OUT. Shaq commands a Double Team most of the time allowing your Derek Fishers/Nick Andersons/Penny Hardaways/Dwayne Wades/Kobe Bryants/add on.....to operate more freely. 101 shit.

Shaq is one of the last true CENTERS(get it - C E N T E R)in the L.
    All the cats he's played w/ over the years have benefitted from his presence.
    I shouldnt have to explain this dog. Yeah he talkin like he did it himself which everybody knows is bullshit, but defenses are shaped around STEEL.

To state that Flash did it single-handedly is speaking in the same silly extremes as Shaq is. I'm sure you understand the more subtle nuances of the sport to say shit like that. Apply your Lakers contributions to the Miami team, that played w/ a Shaq that wasnt half the monster he was during the LA dynasty. Posey/Mourning/Williams/Payton/Haslem and Wade made it happen.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Shaq is the most dominant player of his generation. Three different teams to the finals. Deal with it.

bulls are gonna suck this year.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Shaq does not win big games people ......I have watched Shaq from the time he was a rookie,his entire Laker career and now with Miami ....Shaq dominates the regular season...and has dominated weak championship series but he has never been responsible for an important playoff victory....EVER ....see Kobe Bryant,Penny Hardaway,Derek Fisher,ROBERT HORRY,Dennis Scott,Nick Van Exel,Dwyane Wade .......i can go on......Shaquille O'Neal is a hall of famer, but has never been as important as Tim Duncan ....I repeat... Shaquille dominates games, but he has NEVER been responsible for his team winning a BIG game ....color him Jim Kelly

I'm not a Kobe apologist....Kobe is an idiot too ....but Shaq is the ultimate media darling and has gone unchecked about alot of shit over the years .

What are you talkin about? There gonna 7-10 games better w/ Ben Wallace. He cant command a double in the post which is what you need in the playoffs but SUCK.....you must not watch basketball. They'll be a playoff team. That's pretty damn good to me. Tyson Chandler is gone.

Dont get me started.

Shaq commands a Double Team .

no he does not ....you beat Shaq by playing him straight up ....its been proven time after time....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Shaq does not win big games people ......I have watched Shaq from the time he was a rookie,his entire Laker career and now with Miami ....Shaq dominates the regular season...and has dominated weak championship series but he has never been responsible for an important playoff victory....EVER ....see Kobe Bryant,Penny Hardaway,Derek Fisher,ROBERT HORRY,Dennis Scott,Nick Van Exel,Dwyane Wade .......i can go on......Shaquille O'Neal is a hall of famer, but has never been as important as Tim Duncan ....I repeat... Shaquille dominates games, but he has NEVER been responsible for his team winning a BIG game ....color him Jim Kelly

I agree.

Shaq has always had the good fortune to play along great--and, in the case of his last two teams, Hall of Fame calibre--guards.

Kobe's situation could only be compared to Shaq's if he had inherited a roster that included the League's best young center in the same way that Shaq got its best young guard.

And I don't care of this is irrational--I so loathe Shaq that there will be no convincing me otherwise.

no he does not ....you beat Shaq by playing him straight up ....its been proven time after time....

There arent that many cats who can play him st8 up. 4 rings has proven that.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ....color him Jim Kelly

And I don't care of this is irrational--I so loathe Shaq that there will be no convincing me otherwise.
    Comparing Shaq to Kelly may be the worst analogy in the history of analogies.

Shaq has 4 rings...Kelly has.....

I've watched Shaq since he was at San Antonio Cole H.S. which was a small 2A school. Most nights he faced guys who were 5:11 guarding him.

And even in High School, where he could have easily dominated and scored 50 a game, he was a team player.

You take Shaq off the Heat and they're a .500 team at best.

His presence on the inside is what gets Wade open shots and a lane to drive to the hoop.

There are at least 10 teams in the NBA, that if you added Shaq to their roster they would become the favorite to win the NBA title.

Shaq hatters are just jealous.

But admittedly, his career is on the downhill slope.

There arent that many cats who can play him st8 up. 4 rings has proven that.

nobody CAN play him straight up .....but teams have been far more sucessful allowing Shaq to "get his" and shutting down Penny,Kobe,Wade

....color him Jim Kelly

Comparing Shaq to Kelly may be the worst analogy in the history of analogies.

Shaq has 4 rings...Kelly has.....

I've watched Shaq since he was at San Antonio Cole H.S. which was a small 2A school. Most nights he faced guys who were 5:11 guarding him.

And even in High School, where he could have easily dominated and scored 50 a game, he was a team player.

You take Shaq off the Heat and they're a .500 team at best.

His presence on the inside is what get's Wade open shots and a lane to drive to the hoop.

There are at least 10 teams in the NBA, that if you added Shaq to their roster they would become the favorite to win the NBA title.

Shaq hatters are just jealous.

But admittedly, his career is on the downhill slope.

My analogy was more about the abilty of the two to disappear in crunch time ...The ONLY difference between Shaq,A-Rod and Kelly is rings .....You tell me..When was the last time Shaq took over an important game? When was the last time he hit a clutch shot ? took a clutch free throw? blocked a clutch shot? got a clutch rebound? The Lakers,Heat and Magic all made it to the finals because of Shaq's REGULAR SEASON performance ...SHOW ME DIFFERENT ....Whenever he faced a TRUE center in the finals (Wallace & Hakeem) he was embarassed ....And all those big playoff games in L.A were won by Kobe,Horry & Fisher ..and lets not talk about Orlando.......And no,if you take Shaq off the Heat they are NOT a .500 team ...That's just silly

I'm not a hatter at all....i'm just not so caught up in his corny jokes and good guy image that i ignore obvious bullshit just because "Big Diesel" said it

You asked for it Ed......

Since you mentioned Wallace and Duncan let's compare their career PLAYOFF numbers....screw the regular season where Shaq has dominated for 13 years....let's just look at PLAYOFFS!!

Ben Wallace has played in 93 Playoff games
    He's averaged 8.5 pts. / 1.5 Assists / 13.3 Rebounds / 2.3 Blocks

Tim Duncan has played in 118 Playoff games
    He's averaged 24.1 pts. / 3.6 Assists / 12.7 Rebounds / 2.7 Blocks
    He's never averaged 30 points and he's only averaged 15 rebounds in one post season.

Now let's look at Shaq
    He's played in 194 Playoff games
    He's avaraged 25.6 pts. / 2.9 Assists / 12.2 Rebounds / 2.2 Blocks
    In 1998, 2000 & 2001 he averaged over 30 points and 15 rebounds in the post season

What the hell do you call "Going Off" if it isn't 30/15 over a 23 game post season.....You lookin' for 40/20 before you give Shaq some props??

All Shaq hatters are

I cant wait for the new season to start so we can GO OFF on one another.

I wonder if Deej likes basketball?

His taste in rap leads me to believe that he is a WNBA fan...

His taste in rap leads me to believe that he is a WNBA fan...

Cue up the Extra-Loud Black Laugh Track......LOL

Hell yes....I have to figure out a way to bet Yuichi for some Cactus Cooler!!!

I'm not a Kobe apologist....Kobe is an idiot too ....but Shaq is the ultimate media darling and has gone unchecked about alot of shit over the years .

TRUTH. How many times have we seen Shaq be useless in the 4th? Clutch guards won him those championships, not the other way around. Good points Ed.

Kobe's situation could only be compared to Shaq's if he had inherited a roster that included the League's best young center in the same way that Shaq got its best young guard.

Now does anybody else wanna acknowledge this fact?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You asked for it Ed......

Since you mentioned Wallace and Duncan let's compare their career PLAYOFF numbers....screw the regular season where Shaq has dominated for 13 years....let's just look at PLAYOFFS!!

Ben Wallace has played in 93 Playoff games
    He's averaged 8.5 pts. / 1.5 Assists / 13.3 Rebounds / 2.3 Blocks

Tim Duncan has played in 118 Playoff games
    He's averaged 24.1 pts. / 3.6 Assists / 12.7 Rebounds / 2.7 Blocks
    He's never averaged 30 points and he's only averaged 15 rebounds in one post season.

Now let's look at Shaq
    He's played in 194 Playoff games
    He's avaraged 25.6 pts. / 2.9 Assists / 12.2 Rebounds / 2.2 Blocks
    In 1998, 2000 & 2001 he averaged over 30 points and 15 rebounds in the post season

What the hell do you call "Going Off" if it isn't 30/15 over a 23 game post season.....You lookin' for 40/20 before you give Shaq some props??

All Shaq hatters are

what he said. Plus Shaq's flow is so ill.

Hell yes....I have to figure out a way to bet Yuichi for some Cactus Cooler!!!

It's on baby. Can you send Cactus Cooler with media maiL?

Again.....i am not a Shaq hatter ...if i were a Shaq hatter i would say i'm a Shaq hatter ....Thank You

Shaq has been to the finals 6 times

The Rockets and Hakeem ran him off the court

The Pacers didnt even have a True Center in 2000

The 76ers had A 50 year old Dikembe Mutumbo

The Nets had Jason Collier and that garbage White dude

The Pistons had Ben Wallace who handled Shaq ONE ON ONE very well ...he out rebounded Shaq ...had more blocked shots than Shaq ....he outplayed Shaq

The Mavericks had Erica Dampier

Do you see a pattern here ?????

Since you missed my point i'll explain once more

Shaquille O'Neal has never done anything of any major significance in a big game or in crunch time of any important game ....instead of showing me his cute averages, show me where he took over a game that mattered like Wade,Kobe & Penny have......show me where he hit ONE game winning free throw or shot in ANY of his soft 30 point,10 rebound games like Kobe,Horry,D.Scott,Wade & Fisher have...hell he gets pulled out of big games ......A soft 30 points does not mean shit if you fold during crunch time ...Tim Duncan has carried the Spurs on his back from day one......Shaq gets his soft 30,takes advantage of weak competition in the finals then takes damn near full credit for the success of the teams he's played for ...thats bullshit

you would think for a man who has played in as many important games as Shaq you would be able to give me one game ....i'm waiting

TRUTH. How many times have we seen Shaq be useless in the 4th? Clutch guards won him those championships, not the other way around. Good points Ed.

Yes, Shaq is not clutch. But he sets up the deal for the guards/forwards to seal the deal. Does John Paxon's clutch play diminish Jordan's dominance. Does Grant's block on K.J. diminish MJ's work. We can pick apart Shaq's 4th quarter free throw % but I dont see how this detracts from his "claims" as the engine to all his championships. Yes Duncan is more dependable down the stretch as well as many other Hall of Fame big men, but I'm not seein placing the wings on the same level as Shaq. I'm not a Shaq fan - dont get it twisted. I have to take heed of the adjustments that are made by opposing defenses when he MANS the post.

I lived through the Bill Russell vs. Wilt The Stilt arguments.....sure Russell has all the rings and Wilt is known as a choker....they were the two dominant centers of their time(50's & 60's)......they were both 2 of the 5 best centers in history.

Shaq & Duncan are the two dominating centers of their day....you wanna call Shaq a choker, or a braggart(although it ain't bragging if you can back it up).....no problem.

For you to suggest that Shaq never "took over" a game is absurd.....I've seen Abdul Jeelani "take over" a game.

Shaq is a HOF player.....probably one of the 5-6 greatest Centers of all time.

Certainly he's in an elite group of Centers owning 4 Championship rings.

I understand he turns people off with his Big Aristotle Media Darling routine, but that doesn't detract from his personal and team accomplishments.

And if I just show you ONE game, in the playoffs where Shaq took over and scored 18 points in the 4th quarter you'll retract your assertion he doesn't deliver in the clutch...???

The point is that ONLY Shaq had the balls to call him Erica.....night after night Dampier beat up most centers.....but when it came to Shaq he was his bitch.....and Shaq called him Erica....and he NEVER proved he was anything BUT an Erica vs. Shaq.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

You have just lost all credability in this thread, although I do like your spelling with the EricA at the end.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

ha x2.

Shaquille O'Neal has never done anything of any major significance in a big game

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

.....night after night Dampier beat up most centers when he's in a contract year.....