Novos Baianos

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
A really cool performance of A Menina Danca from their commune in Boca do Mato Rio de Janeiro "O Cantinho do Vovo" or "Grandpa's Corner."

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    In this one, everybody has pupils the size of pie-plates. And it opens with their football team photo.

• wow! very cool, thanks for posting that...easily one of my favorite brazilian bands...

wow! very cool, thanks for posting that...easily one of my favorite brazilian bands...

there is a guy (or girl) on ebay named brazilianpressings who has a website by the same name that advertises a Novos Baianos DVD with this and lots of other stuff on it, but i havent heard back from him yet. I'll let you know.

• beleza!!..i think "o cantinho do vovo" means "granpa's little song"..Dang you tubes illy!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    beleza!!..i think "o cantinho do vovo" means "granpa's little song"..Dang you tubes illy!

Nah, it means "granpa's corner". We don't use "cantinho" as "little song".
    Canto or cantinho is that place in your house or yard where you enjoy staying the most.

Btw, thanks Sabada for posting these nice videos.

Peace

• Nah, it means "granpa's corner". We don't use "cantinho" as "little song".
    Canto or cantinho is that place in your house or yard where you enjoy staying the most.

oops! Whats up Moog man,remember me?You showed me some spots in Sampa a few years back..paz-p

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

oops! Whats up Moog man,remember me?You showed me some spots in Sampa a few years back..paz-p

Hi Pa*lo.

What's up? Beleza?

This one might be the best. The music is great, but the film making, for a bunch of hippies probably with a bolex, is pretty impressive.