sorting your records. whats your system?

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
ive been cleaning up the studio all night. shit got out of hand. Filling mad records into my wall. How does the soulstrut massive sort there crates? When i first started djing and collecting, i used to bpm everything and put it in this crazy excel database, with like codes on the records. Everything was sorted by bpms. Shit got crazy frustrating over time as the piles got bigger and started getting more into the collecting side so that had to stop. Now that i mainly make beats i sort all my jazz by instrument, like flute, guitar, etc., and then other caterogories like funk, soul, psych rock, soundtracks, i just throw on the shelf. How do you get down? Alphabetical, label, crazy databases? lets see some

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    dewey decimal

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

NO SENSE MAKES SENSE!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

NO SENSE MAKES SENSE!
    haha word, thats how ive been rolling lately. just one big fucking mess in my studio.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    alpha except for the usual side categories like classical, childrens, etc. and 12"s that i cant remember the artist offhand. stick post it notes out from the spine to note a sample or something to come back to/remember. downside: hundreds of post it notes sticking out like a little post it note forest = almost as bad as no system.