deejaying a wedding (What's Good? )

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Alright fam:So I'm deejaying a wedding on Saturday (freind of a friend) and I have no clue what to play. They said I can drop Usher, Outkast, and other forms of Becky cat nip but I'm more worried about the 80's joints. This is only the second time I've done one so what the fuck do i play? Can I get some suggestions from the wedding-strut deejay dudes?FYI: These folks are Chinese.FYI 2: Anna & Cas: I making sure i'm arriving early and with equipment that doesn't require a seperate generator to run

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince and the macarena and you'll be all set hommie.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince and the macarena and you'll be all set hommie.

Yup. Some Motown's greatest hits-type shit never hurts, either.

• Yup. Some Motown's greatest hits-type shit never hurts, either.

yup, i was playing a college graduation party a couple years back. early in the night i was doing the motown thing and grandma walked in nodding her head with a bounce in her step. if she was doing this at the star to of the party i knew shit was going to get crazy by the end.

you probably have to play some beatles, if i only bring 1 beatles record out it's usually the "hey jude" EP, if you're microwaving you can just download The Ballid of John & Yoko and call it a day.

what's the age range? can you get into 90's ish, at my wedding people wen't crazy when the DJ Dropped "regulators" and "too close" crazy as in a microphone was passed around and people we're drunkenly singing over the record