For all Those SNL Hatteurs, Check This (YTR)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Hey peoples,I was prepping to leave the hotel Sat. Night and caught this on SNL. Glad to see it's on youtube, pretty funny in my opinion (Al Pacino related):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkSI4760DM

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I had never seen any Dane Cook before Saturday.

he isn't very funny, I didn't laugh once.

thus a perfect fit for SNL...

• Actually, I'm a big Dane Cook fan and yet even I didn't laugh much during SNL. I think the problem here is SNL, not Dane Cook. I'm also a fan of Jack Black and he could be doing just about anything and I'd laugh but when he was on SNL last year I didn't laugh at all. I really think SNL just stinks horribly now. The writing is bad, a lot of the performers aren't that funny, there's no new characters that are amusing...ugh.

I'm by no means saying you'd love Dane Cook if you heard his regular stand-up, but don't judge him based on what you saw on SNL. He's definitely the type of guy that some people hate but others absolutely love, but saddled with the horrible skits on SNL you definitely didn't get a true glimpse of him.

The Pacino skit was amusing...at first. But like most SNL these days they take something that's funny for a minute and then stretch it out to 5 minutes long, beating the premise into the ground to the point that it's not funny anymore.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    BOMBOOOO

• Dane Cook sucks.

SNL sucks.

and yes, Jack Black sucks.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    SNL has been unwatchable for almost 15 years now. I'm surprised it's still on.

• SNL has been unwatchable for almost 15 years now. I'm surprised it STRIKE>still on/STRIKE> hasn't long ago been reduced to 30 minutes, which is the maximum amount of watchable material per show[/b] .

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    SNL should only be the skits with Maya Rudolph, and the only guest hosts allowed should be will ferrel or alec baldwin.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    SNL should only be the skits with Maya Rudolph, and the only guest hosts allowed should be will ferrel, alec baldwin, or christopher walken[/b].

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I wanted to laugh at this but he totally didn't sound like Al Pacino and nothing about what he said or did reminded me of Al Pacino. He put a southern accent on there too which totally killed it (in the bad way).

Not funny.

buy the best of SNL dvd instead, watch episodes from 1976-1990 era and you will be set. even during the 90s it was cool, but once it passed over into 2000 some shit happened. NOT.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    man the best classic SNL skit to me was John Malkovitch doing "Len Tuckwilla - Driftwood Sculptor". I would love to see that on youtube.

• While SNL was running this week, MadTV was running Ike Barenholtz doing a hilarious, spot-on impression of Dane Cook.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I saw that, that Dane Cook impression was funny too. This clip is funny, you guys are tin men if you can't get a laugh out of it.

• I saw that, that Dane Cook impression was funny too. This clip is funny, you guys are tin men if you can't get a laugh out of it.

Well, like I said, it was funny...for about a minute. Then it got tiresome and boring. And kept going for 3 more minutes. And this was the absolute best skit the show had to offer in the entire hour and a half.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    It just seems like the actor is trying too hard... that never works for me. I prefer someone like Bill Murray who seems to be doing nothing but will make me laugh hysterically.

I just watched 'Where The Buffalo Roam' today, highly reccomended.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Dane cook is Soft.

Will Ferrel and Jim Carrey doing the yuppie club thing was the best SNL skit

Word to being effortless. That's why people like christopher walken and bill murray kill it even though they're not your typical comedians.

• Oh yeah, I just remembered my favorite thing on SNL on Saturday...not a skit but something on Weekend Update. Andy Samberg's imitation of Dustin "Screech" Diamond was spot on and hilarious.

Oh yeah, the guy that did the Dubya impression in the opening skit? WORST. IMPRESSION. EVAR. That shit was horrible.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    fuck snl, mad tv season 1 with artie lange was the phucking best: