Microwave question

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Since my CoolEdit program corrupted somehow, I haven't been able to rip my own vinyl. So far I've been DL'ing and ripping CD's. I've noticed that on certain tracks that I've downloaded the file has included the BPM of the track and it shows up right there on the LP diagram.How is this done? Will I be able to encode the BPM onto the file when I rip my LP's and 12"'s? I've just been using the BPM counter and retitling the MP3 to include it. Is there an easier way to do this?Herm

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    if you have itunes sync'd with microwave, then just change the bpm info in itunes.

this program is kinda crazy, but ive goten some strange results on some files

www.beatunes.com

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i just open the shit in itunes, then right click on the mp3 and edit the info and put the bpms in. Setup Microwave like dude above me said, sync, and it will update it when you drop it on the platter.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    i just open the shit in itunes, then right click on the mp3 and edit the info and put the bpms in. Setup Microwave like dude above me said, sync, and it will update it when you drop it on the platter.

iTunes confuses me, but I'll try it anyways.

Thanks, guys!!!

Herm

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    its pretty easy. to view the field though right click above the libary where the catogories are, like artist, song title, length, comment, etc, and you can add the bpm field there so you can see that in the library. And sort the shit by it and whatnot. You can also do this in Microwave which is pretty tight. Yo check your pms in a minute. I got something that might help you out...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Herm, I don't know if you're using a mac or pc, but this is the program I use (it's pc only)

http://www.mixmeister.com/download_freestuff.html

After you DL, rip, record, whatever, open the folder in the program and it writes it to the mp3 for you. It's not always accurate but it gets close enough.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Btw, Scratch LIVE version 1.6.2 is available now.