Musharraf on the Daily Show (wtf related)

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
how does the daily show get the president of pakistan? the kicker is, definitly got him before fox tv

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The General is on a straight up book tour. I've never seen anything like it.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    still though.. its like a wee step down from having Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the colbert report.

its kinda hilarious how legit comedic news is these days.

IMG SRC="http://www.rocketgrande.com/images/pootacular/hooray.jpg" WIDTH=800>

• Stewart:[/b] George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden -- be truthful -- who would win a popular vote in Pakistan?"

Musharraf:[/b] I think they'll both lose miserably.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I can't say I agree with all the decisions he's made as Pakistan's president (nuclear sabre-rattling with India = nagl) but he was surprisingly and enjoying candid as an interviewee. He pretty much, straight up told Stewart: "we helped the U.S. only because it would not have been in our national interest not to" (read: we didn't want to get carpet bombed back to the Stone Age). There seemed to be a minimum of the typical bullshit rhetoric about "freedom" or "democracy" or whatever else. It was a simple, pragmatic explanation.

If only other world leaders could display such basic candor.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I can't say I agree with all the decisions he's made as Pakistan's president (nuclear sabre-rattling with India = nagl) but he was surprisingly and enjoying candid as an interviewee.

definite cosine. though for a military general turned national president via miltary coup, dood was mad articulate. my favorite part of the intervew was the how john stewart explained the logical process Musharraf took before becoming the US's ally post 9/11.

... eeeeeeeh... can we take these guys...?

and of course his first question for Musharraf

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    The General is on a straight up book tour. I've never seen anything like it.

for real, me neither. lol when he even plugged the book at his press conference with bush.

i bet he's gonna cash in on that book and roll the fuck out.

oh, he came to power by a coup. yee-ha, let's hear it for promoting democracy.

speaking of jon stewart. i was just watching this...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Stewart: George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden -- be truthful -- who would win a popular vote in Pakistan?"

Musharraf: I think they'll both lose miserably.

When he said that, I was like "DAMN." Dude is very politically astute to do that. By saying Osama, he would've shown weakness. By saying Bush, he would have shown support for Bush back in Pakistan

But on the downside, Pervez Musharraf is a dictator. While articulate, seemingly a nice guy, and no stories of extreme torture have come out of Pakistan (that I know of), he's our dude cuz he's got a vice grip on the country.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    But on the downside, Pervez Musharraf is a dictator. While articulate, seemingly a nice guy, and no stories of extreme torture have come out of Pakistan (that I know of), he's our dude cuz he's got a vice grip on the country.

he does have the vast spectrum of muslims to keep under control, and seems to be doing it as well as he can. lets just keep that f**ker in a vaccum though, cause the second sh*t hits the fan in kashmir, the US is defintly in a HUGE bind. i cant even fathom what the bush administration would do.

• its kinda hilarious how legit comedic news is these days.

clinton was on recently too.

i saw musharraf on 60 minutes sunday. i wouldn't have expected to see him on the daily show either.

• I'm loving all the love this dictator is getting. BIG time torturer, guys.

• unrelated, but I suppose this would be a fitting place:

I'm loving all the love this dictator is getting. BIG time torturer, guys.

he's as shameless in his book promo as he is in his double speak. motherfucker jokes about osama bin laden while enabling al'qaeda and other islamic extremists on so many levels it's sickening. then this piece of shit talks about armitage threatening him. meanwhile he's got dudes hangin by the foreskins in caves and shit.

actually, as i write that, i can really see why Bush considers him to be such "an ally".

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm loving all the love this dictator is getting. BIG time torturer, guys.

[sarcasm]But he spoke out against america after inking a deal with Simon and Schuster.[/sarcasm]

I give him another year of being a semi-liberal darling in America. Then maybe someone will ift the veil of "honesty" he's been cloaking himself in this week and notice he's actually not too good a guy

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think this reflects the degree to which American has become polarized - anyone standing up to Bush - even a dictator - is seen as a better alternative to...well, Bush.

Methinks they doth proteth too much and too few people are aware of the multitude of human rights problems in Pakistan...all they care about is seeing an ally of Bush talking shit about Bush (between the lines).

I hate to say it but I get a kick out of it too. Which is probably myopic on my part but welcome to the new America. Strange bedfellows all around.

Btw, anyone get the sense that if/when the US wraps up in Afghanistan, Pakistan might turn around and tell the U.S. to go fuck ourselves? Just a thought.

• Btw, anyone get the sense that if/when the US wraps up in Afghanistan, Pakistan might turn around and tell the U.S. to go fuck ourselves? Just a thought.

I think you're wearing your Karnak hat today

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think this reflects the degree to which American has become polarized - anyone standing up to Bush - even a dictator - is seen as a better alternative to...well, Bush.

Methinks they doth proteth too much and too few people are aware of the multitude of human rights problems in Pakistan...all they care about is seeing an ally of Bush talking shit about Bush (between the lines).

I hate to say it but I get a kick out of it too. Which is probably myopic on my part but welcome to the new America. Strange bedfellows all around.

Btw, anyone get the sense that if/when the US wraps up in Afghanistan, Pakistan might turn around and tell the U.S. to go fuck ourselves? Just a thought.

I get a kick out of it too, and I hate that Tin Star Lying Torture Loving Dictator. But I also hate Musharraf.

Seriously, Pakistan will play both sides of the fence for as long as they can. They certainly don't want the US to support India. We certainly don't want Pakistan supporting Iran and Syria and North Korea. Opps, I forgot they already do plus they sold them nuclear technology.

Has there ever been another world leader who has written a book while in office and gone out on a book tour to sell it?

I don't think so, but I will bet you the next US President will do it.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I don't think so, but I will bet you the current[/b] US President will do it.

• The Breeders are sik