Take it from Big Tuck...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
IM OVER ARGUING WIT MY LABEL IF YALL DONT KNOW " UNIVERSAL" AND ALL IMHEARING FROM THEM IS IT AINT TIME TO DROP THE ALBUM HOOBLA HOOBLA F$$K THAT !!! IM GRIND HIT DA ROAD DA STUDIO.. AND THESE CATS IN NEW YORK ON THE 35TH FLOOR TELLINME IT AINT TYME MOST THESE FOOS AINT EVEN STEPPED A FOOT IN TX OR IN ANY OTHER HOOD TO BE REAL...
If you are currently sitting on the 35th floor of a NYC office building, please...even if it's just for symbolism's sake...open up the nearest window and JUMP!!!

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This month (at least), Mia X will be hosting Club 504 in Austin on Thursday nights (at Red7) and in Dallas on Friday nights (at Rhythm City).

Here's the flier for Dallas...

I suppose y'all already heard that Z-Ro was released from jail (at least for the time being).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You like the big 'rrhoid to big Tuck, I take it? All up in asshole making people miserable. you go girl!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    wasn't z-ro supposed to be in for like four years or something?

wasn't z-ro supposed to be in for like four years or something?

Ro was sentenced for 4 years stemming from being caught ridin' dirty with drank. Thankfully J.Prince was able to pull some strings to get Ro out, at least for the time being, on some sort of appeal.

And here's some local-to-ATX stuff that some of y'all should definitely put yourselves up on:

I got an advance of this yesterday and it's straight blaze. You can check out some of it at: http://www.myspace.com/rynoatx

Then there's this:

It just came out this week. Some of it can be heard at: http://www.myspace.com/vipatx

Moving right along...

The lil homies from Public Offenders (NGOK) went and re-released their album called Day of Truth from '04, some of which can be heard at: http://www.myspace.com/poffenders

Then of course on a much broader scale, ya gotta get your Pimp C "Knockin Doorz Down" on as well... http://www.myspace.com/pimpcofugk

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I suppose y'all already heard that Z-Ro was released from jail (at least for the time being).

what about jayton? he still in there?

I knew I could count on Serg showing up...because he's actually into Texas rap...for the long haul.

Even I thought more of you were bout it bout it.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man I can't stand that tuck's album hasn't dropped. Those jackasses just let Tussle disappear into clearance bin hell. I'd be happy just to get a Tuck record, I've given up waiting for a major label tum tum release.

also where the hell is Kyleon's album? After leaving BHO you'd think he'd drop underground or something.

• man I can't stand that tuck's album hasn't dropped. Those jackasses just let Tussle disappear into clearance bin hell. I'd be happy just to get a Tuck record, I've given up waiting for a major label tum tum release.

also where the hell is Kyleon's album? After leaving BHO you'd think he'd drop underground or something.

Serg, is Tuck the one you said claimed to be a "drug-dealing wizard"? More on that, please.

man I can't stand that tuck's album hasn't dropped. Those jackasses just let Tussle disappear into clearance bin hell. I'd be happy just to get a Tuck record, I've given up waiting for a major label tum tum release.

I've been hearing the saga as...all of the lofty sales stats (350,000 mixtapes sold) that basically got DSR signed were extremely fabricated...and now Universal finds themselves with a commodity without much of a proven market to chase after. Surely they're comparing Cham's widely-perceived-as-dynamic commercial success to Trae's widely-perceived-as-drab commercial flop and recognizing that Tuck may just be the most ho-hum of the major label TX dudes.

Where's Kyleon's album? Where's Magno's album as well?

Also, it's kinda strange that we've only really heard one beat out of Salih (Pimp C's Pullin Up) this whole year. I know he's working on a new Mike Jones album...but it seems that Carnival's publishing deal with Universal has failed to yield much of any product.

• sergserg 682 Posts

Serg, is Tuck the one you said claimed to be a "drug-dealing wizard"? More on that, please.

yes, he is a self described dope dealing wizard. Can't stop the hustle with a blair witch spell. seeing this song performed live was fucking incredible

Big Tuck - Southside Da Realist