Labcabin record bag's - i got beef

sconesscones 434 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
the strap, well the connection joining the strap to the buckles on the bag broke on fri night, when carrying about 70 records to another club.this is a pain, but its the THIRD time this has happend. Before, the spring broke on one side of the strap so i was in NYC at the time, i took it to the lab and explained. They looked at me like i was a silly english dude, and replaced it after stating a few times "wow thats never happend before." quite.so new strap, 2 months later, i go off to the czech republic to DJ and low and behold, it breaks again, while carrying a full bag up a dirt track to this festival. ouch. but i tape it all up so its mildly working again, until fri night. this time, the actual metal buckel that is on the bag and which the strap connects to broke. the metal cold SNAPPED.I dont know if anyone else has had problems but for a record bag which sounded/looked like teh real deal, i don't expect this.Its not like i put too much in there, and even if i do, ive had shittier bags which lasted longer than this thingGrr! - not

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Can you post a pic or a link to the bag? The UDG one I bought from there is still like new.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

The requested URL /dj_equipment/43/540/10344.html was not found on this server.

• it turns t.u.r.n.ta..b.l.e.l.a.b into labcabin.. change the url

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ah, that's the Money Gig bag. I have that one and it has definitely held up for me going on a year by now. All the others that I know who have it also think it's pretty good and sturdy. It's made by Gravis which is known to construct a pretty good piece of merchandise. It's possible that you have one that is defective. I don't know the answer to that. The Money Bag is full on worth it in my book.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn - it looks like a good bag too in the photo.

This has whats been lasting me for the last 6 years or so.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    time for a microwave.

• i've got the money gig joint, too... i've got the big one with wheels, and the smaller one that attaches to it... i've had it for about a year, and it's held up really well for me... sounds like you just got a lemon

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    the strap, well the connection joining the strap to the buckles on the bag broke on fri night, when carrying about 70 records to another club.

...Im not taking the side of the store, but 70 records seems like a lot for a bag that you would wear with a strap, (thats like a whole crate dude). Is it advertised to handle that kind of stress?

• That looks like one flimsy sack though.

I wouldn't be loading that with anymore than 25 records.....or maybe just trust it for my smuggling-beer-into-the-venue box.