Friends Of Sound ATX

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Finally got the chance to visit Dave at Friends Of Sound today and I highly recommend you stop by when in Austin. For a new store they have the widest variety of LP's you'll find and should satisfy any collector's vinyl lust. Prices are fair as I saw typical $20-$25 dollar LP's for $8-10 and even spied a $400 monster for considerably less than the going price. Was also great to see Mr. Pontecorvo, and I regret not having more time to hang out but I had my better half with me. Store is in a very cool part of town and the local boutiques and shops will satisfy even the non-vinyl freak...... I look forward to getting back there during the ARC.

Comments

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Also,

The one time I was there i felt that i cought a couple bargains, and I got to listen to and see some records that don't show thier heads around here much. I am very excited to have this record store in Texas, it is nice to know that I can drive a couple hours down south at any time and find some gems... Also, it doesn't hurt that the "better halves" have some nice spots just around the corner to browse while we act like the nerds we are!