Tanqueray 10 Appreciation (GRR)

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Man. that is some good gin. I drink it too fast, though.Saphire is my standby; but the 10 is such a great treat.

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Man. that is some good gin.

I drink it too fast, though.

Saphire is my standby; but the 10 is such a great treat.

ahhhhh gin. So yummy. Saphy is yummy, Tanqueray 10 is also a treat. For your consideration:

fewer botanicals, but ooooooooh.

btw, this post made possible by the underwriting support of Maker's Mark (it's a bourbon night)

• Man. that is some good gin.

I drink it too fast, though.

Saphire is my standby; but the 10 is such a great treat.

ahhhhh gin. So yummy. Saphy is yummy, Tanqueray 10 is also a treat. For your consideration:

fewer botanicals, but ooooooooh.

btw, this post made possible by the underwriting support of Maker's Mark (it's a bourbon night)

Ooooh...what's that?

I'm usually a brown man- scotch neat, or bourbon rocks/manhattans/cocktails.

but, I do looooove gin- gimlets and g/tonic are my other fall backs. even the occasional Sloe Gin Fizz when I'm feeling vintage.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Never did like gin

Juniper berries, pine needles, etc. Shit always smelled and tasted like a household cleaning product!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Anchor's Junipero Gin, straight out of SF.

Call me a home town boy, but it's one of my favorites--versatile and subtle. Gin does not hit the high complexities of the brown liquors, but it can easily stray with unpleasant tastes or harsh notes. Tanqueray is a bit too fruity for my martini, although it mixes very well. Saphire stands up well in most contexts, great in a martini, although I sometimes get tired of it's almost perfumy taste. Junipero tastes good in pretty much everything, although I rarely stray from a dry martini. Works nice alone on the rocks too.

• I'm not a martini man...prefer my mixed drinks cut with citrus- hence my taste for gimlets, gin and tonics.

With the brown liquors, I've been all about bourbon/orange cocktails. one local joint serves a flamed orange peel cocktail with bourbon that can set me off for days. man, that is some goooood cocktail.

will definitely make a point to try that gin- no local bias need be accoutned for- especially in the bay area. well known food snob spot, and one I trust to the utmost ( see all those posts in the food/thomas keller threads...)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im a GIN fan. I could find that much of a difference between Tanqueray 10 vs regular Tanqueray. On top of that the price is a good $10 dollars more a bottle.

Pretty bottle to have displayed @ your home bar.

Good gin and Tonic w/ a FRESH piece of Lime. I cant stand old lime and weak tonic from the bar gun. Fuck, you mofos are charging me 10 eagles or more for the good gin, the least you could do is get rid of that bullshit quarter lime wedge crap.

Martin Miller's London Dry is my brand.