What's for dinner? - PAP edition

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Paprika Chicken Breasts This is a fast to prepare meal for two. Serve the chicken over a bed of egg noodles. Add a simple salad of pre-washed greens and pour a Vigonier or Dry Riesling.Serves: 2 I N G R E D I E N T S2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless2 teaspoons butter2 teaspoons oil oil2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika1/2 teaspoon salt2 teaspoons all purpose flour1/2 cup chopped yellow (sweet) onion1 cup no-fat chicken broth ( approximately 1/2 of a 15oz can)1 cup sour creamI N S T R U C T I O N S Heat a 12" saut?? or frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, once it is heated add the chopped onion and paprika and saut?? until the onion softens and is almost transparent. Move the onion off to the side of the pan and add the chicken breasts. Brown the breasts on both sides about 3-4 minutes per side. Add the chicken broth and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir the flour into the sour cream until it is well incorporated. Then add the sour cream to the pan and stir until the sauce is smooth. You can put the pan back on low to keep the chicken warm if necessary but don't allow it to boil or the sour cream will separate.

Comments