Anyone know this record?

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Mazz s/t on Santos. Someone sold this for a few bucks on ebay earlier this year. I just put one up on ebay but im curious as to what it sounds like cause mine is still sealed. The back picture of the band looks dope and im trying real hard to not break it open before the auction ends. [/img]

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Is it really worth that much more sealed?

In any situation where I want to know how a record sounds but I know I might sell it , I always open it up and listen.

all that being said, I have no idea what that record sounds like.

• Texmex group out of San Antonio I believe...i have a couple others of theirs...nada especial....ranchera, some 80s synthed out cumbia perhaps....enthusiasts of the texmex sound after a read of Narcocorrido may drop some dollaz on it....

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I was going to reply to this an hour ago but could get anything to load.

As mentioned, yes it is on the low end of the tex-mex chain. You aren't missing anything.
    Haven't seen that one, but just about every other one. Perhaps some moody loops, but nothing to write home about. What year is that one from?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    its from '78 nate. yeah i have one of their 80s records and i dont like it at all (just not my sound). however i see their stuff sell for $15-50 regularly so i was curious if this one was different. a) cause ive never seen this, b) cause popsike had it at a ridiculous price. just wanted to know what im missing...
    if anything

• Jinx, that was me who sold it for the price you see on popsike. Lots of these ranchera dudes consider that their holy grail, but most of the dudes who wanted it at that time got a copy from me yaoming?

The record and the band in general is absolute garbage though. They have a funny "KISS" cover though, that is definite wall material. Every album has one discoish song on it, which always fucking BLOWS.

5 in the morning and this lil man is making damn sure we dont get any sleep!!!