MIDI controller recommendations?

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Hi, I'm looking for a MIDI controller that's strictly just knobs and sliders. I saw these two and they looked all right but I don't really know anything about them. Anyone have any personal recommendations? I would really prefer USB since I would mostly be using this with my computer but anything would be fine really.

Comments

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I've got the keyboard version of the Novation and I can vouche for it's quality. There's a pretty big price difference between those two you put up though. If you use Cubase, Reason, or Logic, the Novation is really nice because it has automap that automatically switches to whatever VST you switch to & works well with the mixers. It works best in Reason and I think Ableton Live was added a while back, but not sure how complete the integration is.

Plus the two big ass LCD screens are a huge help. Mostly, it depends on your budget and needs.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the first one is 200 and the second one is 300 so it aint that big of a difference
    i think im going to pick up the novation. to be honest, when i was looking at it, i didnt even notice the lcds and i thought it was good, haha. thanks for your help.