ipod falling in the shitter

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Man....this day sucks. Im at school right now where about ten minutes ago i went to take a leak and my ipod feel right outta my hoodie and landed in the toilet. Thank god i didnt get to pissin before this happened. Shit wont turn on or anything. I heard if you pop the cover off, let it dry, it might be able to be revied. Man i hope i can fix this thing though cause i got mad heat on there and it would take me forever to replace the songs.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Man i hope i can fix this thing though cause i got mad heat on there and it would take me forever to replace the songs.

was that an ipod or a crate full of raers?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Hey man

This may shine some light on your situation:

a few weeks ago my girlfriend ran my Ipod through the WASHING MACHINE for a FULL 40 MINUTE CYCLE! we're talkin soap, suds, frothy business goin on and everything.

anyhow, I got it back and it obviously did not turn on. I opened it up with a flathead screwdriver (be careful doing this, but it isn't very hard). Then I got a tupperware and filled it with uncooked rice and put the ipod in the middle of everything, made sure to get the rice around the parts. The rice actually takes the moisture out of whatever it touches so it works quite well for this type of thing. I put the open tupperware under a light (about 8 inches away) for 24 hrs.

I took the Ipod out, shook all the rice away (I had to use a paperclip to get some pieces that were more stubborn) , and I snapped it back together. Plugged that shit into my computer and not only did it turn on but it had full battery and all of my songs were intact!

I think you'll be ok.

good luck.

• except for the whole cesspool of germs issue.

literally

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Then I got a tupperware and filled it with uncooked rice and put the ipod in the middle of everything, made sure to get the rice around the parts. The rice actually takes the moisture out of whatever it touches so it works quite well for this type of thing. I put the open tupperware under a light (about 8 inches away) for 24 hrs.

I took the Ipod out, shook all the rice away (I had to use a paperclip to get some pieces that were more stubborn) , and I snapped it back together. Plugged that shit into my computer and not only did it turn on but it had full battery and all of my songs were intact!

:doodooinaricebowl:

• Man i hope i can fix this thing though cause i got mad heat on there and it would take me forever to replace the songs.

was that an ipod or a crate full of raers?
    well lots of real rare 90s hip hop that i got from people, encoded, mad old rare records that i had friends encode for me. Records i recorded just for it. Just lots and lots of shit that would be hard to replace. My big 160 gig hd, with all the backups took a shit on me a few weeks ago, so i lost like 65 days worth of music on there. that is getting fixed though. I just setup the rice bowl though so ill let yall know the deal.

• This may be common sense, but don't plug that shit in until it's completely dried out or all hope is lost.

I dropped my Nextel phone in the toilet earlier this year. It went through many stages of drying out but after about 24 hours shit was working like normal. Although charges don't last as long on it as they used to. That little sucker is a beast though.

Best of luck man.

• yeah imma turn that shit on sat night. I got my roomates 60 gig joint rocking in the car now though. I just need one cause i do deliveries all night and i need to be listeng to my music.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You should use the urinal. Toilets are for girls & deuces.

• haha, i ran up in there bewtween classes and that was all that was availible. And some dude next to me was taking a diesel shit. Accompanied by sound efx.

• Tell us you were sitting down to pee when it fell out or you're soft.

• Hey man

This may shine some light on your situation:

a few weeks ago my girlfriend ran my Ipod through the WASHING MACHINE for a FULL 40 MINUTE CYCLE! we're talkin soap, suds, frothy business goin on and everything.

anyhow, I got it back and it obviously did not turn on. I opened it up with a flathead screwdriver (be careful doing this, but it isn't very hard). Then I got a tupperware and filled it with uncooked rice and put the ipod in the middle of everything, made sure to get the rice around the parts. The rice actually takes the moisture out of whatever it touches so it works quite well for this type of thing. I put the open tupperware under a light (about 8 inches away) for 24 hrs.

I think you'll be ok.

good luck.

your the fucking man. My shit is working fine. I just plugged it in to the pc and it opened everything and is playing songs fine. Thanks a lot.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Excellent man!